Jama Tour by Starbirds of the Choco forest
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
- We drive you to an indiginous community where you can witness their culture. We stay over and wake up early to watch the birds & wildlife . * check our group prices below!
- Departure times: 07:00
- Duration: 2 Days
- Takes Place In: Canoa
What to bring:
- Light Refreshments
- Insect Repellant
- Comfortable Footwear
- Change of Clothes
- Waterproof Clothing
- respect for Nature
Included in price:
The first day we start by driving you to Jama for a citytour, it's feels a bit like walking around in a western movie, the architexture is very typical and so are the people. From there we go landinwards, up in the hills where a small community is cituated called Bijahual. There we will spend the day to
get to know the locals and there culture with there schools, handicraft production, cooking in clay ovens and will walk around in the perimeters to see there crops and plantations of Yuca, Cacao, Coffee, Papaya, Sandia, Maracuya, Mame, Guanabana and many other exotic fruits. We will dine with a traditional family and stay the night in there house. Next morning we will get up early to have a quick fruit and
coffee, to go up in the surrounding mountains with its primary forest, as here starts the original ''Choco''. Many typical raptors occure here like the Swainson Hawk, Laughing Falcon, Swalow Tailed Kite, Spectacled Owl and lots of otherstarbirds like Choco Toucan, Tropical Gnatcatcher, Masked Water-Tyrant, Black Cheeked Woodpecker,Ecuadorian Picolet, Red Headed Barbet, Esmeraldas Woodstar, Blue-Headed and bronze- Winged Parrot, this besides all species that are mentioned in the Rio Canoa & Jama Tours. With a bit of luck we might even spot some rare fauna as there are Wild Pecary, Howler and Spider Monkey's, Sloth, Anteaters, Armadillo, Boa Constrictor, Ocelots, Mountain Lion, even the Jaguar does roam here. We bring lunch to his long and sturdy hike to have a break and a bite.
Late afternoon we wil be heading back to Canoa to arrive in the early evening.
* for Group prices please mail us email@example.com
3-6 persons: 75 $ p.p ; 1 person: 100 $ p.p.
2 persons: 85 $ p.p. ; All tours English and Spanish spoken
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- - Customers must make cancellations in writing or by e-mail.
- - Cancellation fees for cancellations made before commencing the tour are as follows: Less than:
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
|48 hours||25.00%||24 hours||50.00%|