Abu Simbel tour by private car by Egypt Sunshine
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Pick you up from your hotel in Aswan at 0300 am, private car(A/C) to to Abu Simbel, Not only are the two temples at Abu Simbel among the most magnificent monuments in the world but their removal and reconstruction was an historic event in itself. When the temples, 174 miles (280 kilometers) from Aswan were threatened by submersion in Lake Nasser, due to the construction of the High Dam, the Egyptian Government secured the support of UNESCO and launched a world wide appeal.
During the salvage operation which began in 1964 and continued until 1968, the two temples were dismantled and raised over 197 feet (60 meters) up the sandstone cliff where they had been built more than 3,000 years before. Here they were reassembled, in the exact same relationship to each other and the sun, and covered with an artificial mountain.
Most of the joins in the stone have now been filled by antiquity experts, but inside the temples it is still possible to see where the blocks were cut. You can also go inside the man made dome and see an exhibition of photographs showing the different stages of the massive removal project.
The two temples, that of Ramesses II primarily dedicated to Re-Harakhte, and that of his wife, Nefertari dedicated to Hathor, became a must see for Victorians visiting Egypt, even though it required a trip up the Nile, and often they were covered deeply in sand, as they were when Burckhardt found them.
You will travel in convoy to Abu Simbel and back to Aswan, and the trip is approximately 3 hours each way
The price includes :
- All transfers to/from ports & return by an air-conditioned van
- All sightseeing tours (Private Tours), including English Egyptologist guide& transfer by a modern air-conditioned van
- All taxes & service charges
Tour does not include:
- Entrance fees
- Optional excursions
- Meals not stated
*Please include the details of your hotel at the time of booking
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.