Day tour to Abu Simbel from Aswan by private car by Habibitours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
4 am, pick up from your hotel or cruise in Aswan and transfer by private car(A/C) to to Abu Simbel, to visit the two temples of Abu Simbel among the most magnificent monuments in the world but their removal and reconstruction was an historic event in itself. When the temples, 174 miles (280 kilometers) from Aswan were threatened by submersion in Lake Nasser, due to the construction of the High Dam, the Egyptian Government secured the support of UNESCO and launched a world wide appeal.
During the salvage operation which began in 1964 and continued until 1968, the two temples were dismantled and raised over 197 feet (60 meters) up the sandstone cliff where they had been built more than 3,000 years before. Here they were reassembled, in the exact same relationship to each other and the sun, and covered with an artificial mountain.
Most of the joins in the stone have now been filled by antiquity experts, but inside the temples it is still possible to see where the blocks were cut. You can also go inside the man made dome and see an exhibition of photographs showing the different stages of the massive removal project.round 10 Am private transfer back to your hotel or cruise in Aswan , reaching Aswan round 1 afternoon
Tour includes :
- All transfers by an air-conditioned car
- All sightseeing tours by private car , including English Egyptology guide& transfer by private AC car
- All taxes & service charges
Tour excludes :
- Entrance fees
Please Note , the minimum number can book this tour is two people
Please email us the name of your hotel or cruise in Aswan for the pick up of the tour
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.