Fiji Temple &Momi Bay Gun Tours by Starlight Tours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Nadi is the home to the largest hindu temple in the southern hemisphere and is a "must stop "for all visitors. MOMI GUN BAY. the now silent gun battery.
- Departure times: 09:00
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Takes Place In: Nadi
Required for Extras:
- $10.00 USD
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- Insect Repellant
- Packed Lunch
Included in price:
SRI SIVA SUBRAMANIYA TEMPLE/MOMI GUN BAY
Nadi is the home to the largest hindu temple in the southern hemisphere and is a "must stop "for visitors wishing to experience the cultural and architectural diversity for which Fiji is well known. the three-part sri siva-subramanian temple is dedicated to the deity murugan whose statue, specially carved in India, is housed in the main temple. the second part of the complex is ganesh temple while the thrid section is the meenakshi and shiva temple.
The intricate craftsmanship of the individual statues within the temple is the work of eight craftsmen brought to Fiji from India. The height, weight, and the width of each design of the building have a specific religious meaning and the main sanctum of the building has been built to conform to the size of the statue it will house so that the correct vibrations are present for devotees during prayer. The traditional Dravidian architecture of the temple is rarely seen outside India and is according to traditions laid down thousands of years ago. Please remember this is a holy Hindu shrine and show the appropriate respect.
After visit to the temple we take you to MOMI GUN BAY. the now silent gun battery is nestled among the sugar fields of momi and is a remnant of world war2 built in 1941 to ward off possible japaneseattacks the site remains relatively intact accessible and a monument that is well worth the site
The site was established by the New Zealand 30th battalion in 1941 because of its strategic importance overlooking the nebula passage one of the few breaks in the reef allowing ships access to the western centers and nadi airfield. the main feature of the site is the two 6 inch guns
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- An approximate amount of USD10.00 is required to cover tour extras.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 1 week(s) in advance.