Alternative City Tour by Sandemans New Europe GMBH
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Stranded behind the Iron Curtain for nearly 40 years, West Berlin developed its own, unique identity and became a magnet for non-conformists in search of an alternative lifestyle.
- Departure times: 14:00
- Duration: 3.5 Hours
- Takes Place In: Berlin
What to bring:
- An AB transit card is required for this tour.
Included in price:
Stranded behind the Iron Curtain for nearly 40 years, West Berlin developed its own, unique identity and became a magnet for non-conformists in search of an alternative lifestyle. Sub-cultures, squats, and graffiti art became part of Berlin's distinct style, and with the fall of the Berlin Wall the scene didn't disappear, it simply moved east.
Explore the gritty, grungy, underground of the city that Berliners love! Witness the clash between corporate expansion & counter-culture.
This tour involves a train journey - an AB travel ticket should be purchased before joining the tour.
ON THE 3.5 HOUR TOUR WE COVER
Street art, graffiti and Berlin's coolest districts
Development of a unique art and nightlife culture after the fall of the wall and reunification
Backstreets and urban conflict zones
Protests, riots & demos
Controversy, gentrification and urban development
O2 World and the Media Spree
East Side Gallery
The Story of Tacheles
Oranienburger Str, outside the old post office. (S-Bahn Oranienburger Str)
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.