Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial by Sandemans New Europe GMBH
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Sachsenhausen, just outside the Berlin city limits, was the nerve center of the Nazi concentration camp system. One of the first camps to open to the public, Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial stands as a reminder of the darkest days of Berlin's history. Our most important tour: we donate a percentage of the tour's profits to the memorial.
Stuck behind the Iron Curtain for 60 years and hard to reach, it is less well known than Dachau or Auschwitz. However, during WWII Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp was a place in which over 50,000 abused prisoners perished, as well as a school of brutality for training SS guards to work in this and other camps. Sachsenhausen's terrible history continued after 1945 as the Soviet occupiers took it over for a further 5 years to house their political enemies.
Today's recently modernized Sachsenhausen Memorial is the heart of 21st century Berlin's commemoration to the horrors of the last century.
Please note that on Mondays the memorial is open however certain exhibits are closed to the public and unfortunately not part of the tour.
An ABC transit card is required for this tour.
ON THIS 5+ HOURS* TOUR WE COVER
"Station Z" killing center memorial and gas chamber
Prisoners' daily routines & punishments
Jewish barrack exhibition - site of the 1992 neo-Nazi arson attack
The commandant's house
The Memorial to the Death March
Appellplatz (Roll call square)
Each German memorials
Gestapo "T" prison
"Boot testing track"
SS training camp
Site of the brothel
Site of gallows
...and so much more!
*5+ hours includes travel time
The start point for this tour is in East Berlin at the Brandenburg Gate, in front of Starbucks. (S/U-Bahn Brandenburger Tor).
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.