SANDEMANs Free Tour of Berlin by Sandemans New Europe GMBH
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Our FREE TOUR is the perfect introduction to Berlin, a great way to orientate yourself in the city and at a price to suit everybody's budget.
Starting every day, right in front of the symbol of Germany - the Brandenburg Gate - our guides will give you an exciting overview of Berlin's 800 year history.
You will see the Reichstag, which after being burned down under suspicious circumstances in 1933, was used by Hitler as the pretext to kill off democracy. We will follow the line of the former Berlin Wall, through the former Nazi Government District to Checkpoint Charlie. After a coffee break, we head through the 1920s Cabaret Mile and over Berlin's grandest square - Gendarmenmarkt - to Museum Island where you can stop to admire the twin cathedrals and das Konzerthaus.
The tour concludes in the beautiful surroundings of the Lustgarten - the old royal gardens - in the heart of the city, a stone's throw from some of the best museums in the world!
This 2.5 hour English-language walking tour goes deeper than just introducing the sites: we delve into the city's amazing history, from the darkest hours to the brightest moments and our freelance tour guides who have all chosen Berlin as their home are some of the best in the industry.
ON THIS 3.5 HOUR TOUR WE COVER
The Brandenburg Gate
The Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe
The Site of Hitler's Former Bunker
The 17. June Memorial
The Berlin Wall
The Former SS Headquarters
The 1920s Cabaret Mile
The Old Royal Boulevard
The TV Tower
The start point for this tour is in East Berlin at 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM at the Brandenburg Gate, in front of Starbucks. (S/U-Bahn Brandenburger Tor).
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.