SANDEMANs Free Tour of Munich by Sandemans New Europe GMBH
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Join your guide on a famous FREE TOUR of Munich, see top landmarks and discover the stories behind great sights such as the Glockenspiel, the Hofbräuhaus, (the world's most famous beer hall), the Frauenkirche. You'll learn the real origins of Oktoberfest and the history of beer gardens, and also pick up some tips and tricks to use during your stay in Munich from one of the best tour guides in Europe on this energetic 3-hour tour of one of Germany and Bavaria's greatest cities.
We begin the tour on Marienplatz (Mary's square) and watch the most famous Glockenspiel in the world. We then head through the medieval heart of Munich admiring the simple beauty of the Frauenkirche whose twin towers dominate the city's skyline before hearing tales of the Bavarian royal family, the turbulent 20th century and the early days of the Nazi Party. Of course no visit would be complete without discussing why beer matters so much to Bavarians and why it tastes so good - there's even time to see the world's most famous beer hall. You'll discover a vibrant, historic city centre that combines modernity and proud traditions with one of the highest qualities of life in Europe.
ON THIS 3 HOUR TOUR WE COVER
Hofbräuhaus (the world's most famous beer hall)
Frauenkirche (Church of Our Lady)
Viktualienmarkt (famous outdoor market)
New Town Hall
Old Town Hall
The Real Origins of Oktoberfest
Church of St. Peter
History of Beer Gardens
The legend of the Devil's footprint
Memorial to the German Resistance
The Feldhernhalle (Memorial to Bavarian Generals)
Tips and tricks for staying in Munich
The start location for this tour is at Marienplatz in front of the large column.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.