Danube Symphony Concert with Cimbalom Show by Hungaria Koncert Ltd.
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Mozart, Liszt or Gershwin for symphony orchestra and Hungarian cimbalom (hammer dulcimer)? Join us for an unforgettable musical travel á la hongroise through beautiful melodies.
- Departure times: 20:00
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Takes Place In: Budapest
What to bring:
- Please, print out your booking and bring with you to the program place. Thank you.
- You can pick up your ticket in Danube Palace 30 minutes before performance start.
- Address: Danube Palace (Zrínyi street 5.)
- Concert starts at 20.00
Included in price:
Outside Hungary it sounds unusual to include a typical Hungarian folk instrument, the cimbalom to perform with a symphony orchestra, but in Hungary the beauty of this instrumental combination has been known since the 19th century.
Join us for an unforgettable musical travel á la hongroise through the most beautiful classical melodies ever.
Danube Symphony Orchestrawas formed in 1961. And since then they have given many performances both in Hungary and abroad. Their repertoire covers almost every musical style from the Baroque music to music of the 20th century. They perform the most famous classical melodies combined with typical Hungarian instrument, the Cimbalom (Hummer Dulcimer). It is a unique opportunity to hear most popular masterpieces of classical music interpreted by cimbalom and symphonic orchestra in a virtuous way which can be enjoyed only in Hungary.
The program of the concert and the orchestra is expanded with a world-known typical Hungarian instrument Cimbalom (concert hammer dulcimer). This instrument is played primarily with beaters. It is equipped with a heavy frame for more dynamic power and added many strings courses for an extended range of sounds and a damper pedal to allow more dynamic control.
Through the instrument combination of a cimbalom and a symphonic orchestra you can enjoy the most famous classical melodies in impressive Hungarian style.
Every concert starts at 20.00, and consists of two parts, 40-45 minutes each, plus an intermission.
Most popular works from the program:
J. S. Bach - Air - with cimbalom
J. Brahms - Hungarian Dance No.5 - with cimbalom
T. Albinoni - Adagio - with cimbalom
P.I. Tchajkovsky - Flower Waltz - with cimbalom
G. Gershwin - Rhapsody In Blue
W. A. Mozart - A Little Night Music
L. v. Beethowen - Fur Elise - cimbalom solo
B. Bartok Hungarian Pictures - with cimbalom
L. V. Beethowen - Moonlight Sonata - cimbalom solo
H. Berlioz - Rakoczy March
J. S. Bach - D-Major sonata - cimbalom solo
A. Vivaldi - Four Seasons- winter - with cimbalom
J. Haydn - Rondo all Ongroise
F. Liszt - 2. Hungarian Rhapsody - with cimbalom
V. Monti - Csardas - with cimbalom
F. Erkel - Palotas
J. Haydn - Farwell Symphony
J. Strauss - Blue Danube Waltz
J. Strauss - Gipsy Baron - with cimbalom
Z. Kodály - Háry János - Intermezzo - with cimbalom
F. Chopin - As-Minor waltz - with cimbalom
Duna Palota (Danube Palace) Zrínyi utca 5. V. district, Budapest
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- A 15.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.