Enjoy the famous Szechenyi Bath! by Hungaria Koncert Ltd.
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
The Szechenyi Bath is the largest thermal spring bath in Budapest, which was built in 1913 in neo-baroque style. Its thermal spring is one of the deepest and warmest in the city.
- Departs from: Opening hours of the cash-desk: 9.00-18.00 Closing time of the spa: 22:00
- Departure times: Varied
- Duration: 1 Day
- Takes Place In: Budapest
What to bring:
- Please, print out your booking and bring with you to the program place.
- Our cash desks are located at the following places:
- In the Szechenyi Bath by the main entrance, which is opposite the City Circus. By the entrance the cash desk can be found right there on the right-hand side.
- Opening hours of the cash-desk: 9.00-18.00
- Closing time of the spa: 22:00
Included in price:
Visiting Budapest is not complete without bathing in one of its world-famous thermal spring spas. The Romans had already discovered the healthy effects of the thermal springs on the locations now inside Budapest, however the culture of bath started develop just in the Turkish times.
It is the biggest and most important of all thermal spa on the Pest side, with numerous indoor and outdoor pools.
It was built in 1913 in neo-baroque style. At that time it had private baths, separate men and women steam-bath sections, and different men / women "public baths".
The complex was expanded in 1927, and it still have 3 outdoor, and 15 indoor pools. After its expansion, the thermal artesian well couldn't fullfill its purpose, so a new well was drilled. The second thermal spring was found in 1938. Its depth is 1256m ( 4 120 ft ), and its temperature is 77 C ( 170.6 F ) and it supplies 6.000.000 litres ( 1 585 032 US gallons) of hot water daily.
The complex was damaged during the second world war, and was reconstructed in many steps till 1952, when the daily hospital service opened foro people who needed physico therapy treatment.
Its thermal spring is one of the deepest and warmest in the city. The bath is situated in the City park, opposite of the City Circus and it can be reached by subway line No. 1 (station of the same name: Szechenyi furdo).
We offer entrance tickets for the Szechenyi bath. By booking your tickets in advance, you will avoid the often long-time waiting in the queue in front of the bath. Fast & easy entrance through our separate Welcome-desk.
No commission, same price like in the spa!
Opening hours of the cash-desk: 9.00-18.00
The spa is coeducated.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- A 10.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.