H2O - Time warp on the water by Mahir és Alex Kft
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Get in your canoe and pedal against the current of time, straight till the 60’s! You can explore small inlets, meadows and surrounding islands...
- Departure times: 09:00
- Starts & ends in: Budapest
What to bring:
- canoe hire, paddles and life vests for the day, and an English speaking guide/drinking buddy
Included in price:
Just above Budapest, the Szentendre-island splits the Danube into two streams. On the east runs the main current, while on the west you have the “Small-Danube”, speared-headed by the Luppa-island. The tiny island is characterized by calm water, dense vegetation, patched by sandbanks and is visited by (nature)lovers, bikers, nudists, hippies… all misfits of modern society! The only “footpath” of the island links 83 chalets of the locals, and the unique catering unit, the Diós-pub. Built in 1963, of massive concrete – the building blocks of communism – defies the glitter of the city, but fulfills all desires of the island goers. Chill on the bosom of nature… If asked for, gulash, or any other rock solid Hungarian dish (fish soup, lecsó) can be arranged for lunch at a minimal fee for the group, prepared by Uncle Alex of Diófa Büfé! After returning your canoes at Római-beach, it is highly advised to drop by Fellini Culture-pub, which is probably the most popular drinking institute on two wheels in Budapest. A wide selection of beers, beach, (live)music by the Danube, under the shade of maple and sycamore trees…
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Departure times may vary. Customers will be informed of any changes.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.