Jewish Cultural Heritage - Essential Tour by Hungaria Koncert Ltd.
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Budapest has the biggest Jewish community in Middle - Eastern Europe, with an active religious, artistic and historical heritage.
- Departs from: Time table: 10:00 and 14:00 on weekdays (on Fridays there is only one tour at 10:00), on Sundays at 11:00.
- Departure times: Varied
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Takes Place In: Budapest
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- Please, print out your booking and bring with you to the program place. Thank you.
- Meeting point: in front of Dohany Street Synagogue 15 minutes before tour starts
Included in price:
Budapest has the biggest Jewish community in Middle - Eastern Europe, with an active religious, artistic and historical heritage. Through centuries the Hungarian and Jewish history has been so entwined that it is almost inseparable. Jews played and play an important role in the countryâ€™s economical, cultural and political life.
Our company was created in 1995 and since then we try to show our visitors the Hungarian and Jewish culture in our country. Our English speaking guides are well trained, and have the necessary qualification to help you understand the Jewish past and present in Hungary and in Budapest.
Our tours are in one (English) language, and we try to keep the sightseeing tours with small groups of people. To customize your needs we prepared three types of heritage tours.
Essential Tour (1,5-2 hours)
Those guests who are short of time can take our 1,5 hour Jewish Heritage Essential Tour. With the help of our English-speaking guides you will be acquainted with the most important chapters of the history and culture of the Hungarian Jewry.
The tour includes an interior visit to the Dohány Street Synagogue, which is the largest in Europe, local guided tour in the Jewish Museum, which has an important and unique collection of art pieces from Hungary and Eastern Europe. After the synagogue we visit the Martyrs’ Cemetery where thousands were buried, who were killed during the WW II. We continue our tour in The Raul Wallenberg Memorial Park with the Tree of Life which was created to remind us of those who perished in the war. We pass by the Heroes temple, which was built in memory of those who gave their lives during WWI.
Time table: 10:00 and 14:00 on weekdays (on Fridays there is only one tour at 10:00), on Sundays at 11:00.
Meeting point: in front of Dohany Street Synagogue 15 minutes before tour starts
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- A 15.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.