Jewish Cultural Heritage - Grand Tour by Hungaria Koncert Ltd.
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Budapest has the biggest Jewish community in Middle - Eastern Europe, with an active religious, artistic and historical heritage.
- Departs from: Time table: From Monday to Thursday at 14:00, on Fridays at 10:00.
- Departure times: Varied
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Takes Place In: Budapest
What to bring:
- Please, print out your booking and bring with you to the program place. Thank you.
- Meeting point: in front of Dohany Street Synagogue 15 minutes before tour starts
Included in price:
Budapest has the biggest Jewish community in Middle - Eastern Europe, with an active religious, artistic and historical heritage. Through centuries the Hungarian and Jewish history has been so entwined that it is almost inseparable. Jews played and play an important role in the countryâ€™s economical, cultural and political life.
Our company was created in 1995 and since then we try to show our visitors the Hungarian and Jewish culture in our country. Our English speaking guides are well trained, and have the necessary qualification to help you understand the Jewish past and present in Hungary and in Budapest.
Our tours are in one (English) language, and we try to keep the sightseeing tours with small groups of people. To customize your needs we prepared three types of heritage tours.
Grand Tour (2,5- 3 hours)
The tour includes an interior visit to the Dohány synagogue, which is the largest in Europe. Guided tour in the Jewish Museum, which has an important and unique collection of art pieces from Hungary and Eastern Europe. The Holocaust Cemetery where thousand were buried, who were killed in the ghetto times. Raul Wallenberg Memorial Park with the Tree of Life which was created to remind us of those who perished in the war. We pass by the Heroes temple, which was built in memory of those who gave their lives during WWI. To understand the present we continue our walk to the old â€" new Jewish Quarter, which was used as a ghetto during the WWII and it hosts synagogues, monuments, kosher restaurants, and shops. We will see the Carl Lutz Memorial, interior visit of the Rumbach Street Synagogue, the Király Street, the famous Gozsdu Courtyard and the center of the orthodox Jewish community, with an outside visit of the Kazinczy Street Synagogue. After our approximately 2,5-3 hour-long tour, we will offer you a cake and coffee in a kosher confectionary. You can chose this tour with a lunch too, in that case with our ticket you will get 15% discount in Carmel a kosher restaurant.
Time table: From Monday to Thursday at 14:00
Main stops of the GRAND TOUR:
- Interior visit of the Dohány street synagogue entrance fee included
- The Jewish Museum
- Wallenberg park
- The Tree of Life
- The Temple of Heroes outside visit
- Rumbach synagogue€" entrance fee included
- Carl Lutz memorial
- Kazinczy street synagogue outside visit
- Cake and coffee in a kosher confectionary, or lunch in a kosher Carmel restaurant with our ticket you get 15% discount
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- A 15.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.