AH130 The Golden Circle & Glacier Lake by Iceland Excursions - Gray Line Iceland
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
See the highlands of Iceland and sail on Hvitárvatnglacier lake towards a magnificent outlet glacier of Langjökull glacier.
- Departure times: 09:00
- Duration: 11 Hours
- Starts & ends in: Reykjavik
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
Included in price:
• Þingvellir National Park
• Gullfoss waterfall
• Glacial lake at Langjökull
• Geysir hot spring area
Join us on an exciting journey which will take you to the source of the glacial river Hvítá.
The tour starts by visiting Þingvellir National Park where the Icelandic parliament Alþingi was established in the year 930 AD. You will have the opportunity to walk into the dramatic structure of Almannagjá's fault, with its towering walls.
We proceed through fertile agricultural areas and visit the canyon of Hvítá river and its unique two tiered waterfall Gullfoss, with each tier dropping at right angles to each other.
From Gullfoss we continue along mountain road Kjölur on our way to the Glacier Lake. There we will take a boat tour and navigate around the lake in the proximity of Iceland's second largest glacier, Langjökull. During the tour you will be taken on dry land and given the chance to take a short stroll beside the edge of the glacier. The duration of the boat tour is about 1 hour.
After an enjoyable tour on the Glacier Lake we visit the geothermal area of Geysir and the spouting hot spring Strokkur, which ejects water columns up in the air every few minutes.
On our way back to Reykjavík we will pass by the greenhouse village of Hveragerði.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.