AH135 Volcano hike across Fimmvörðuháls by Iceland Excursions - Gray Line Iceland
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
See the highlands of Iceland and sail on Hvitárvatnglacier lake towards a magnificent outlet glacier of Langjökull glacier.
- Departs from: 5-6 hours hiking
- Departure times: 08:00
- Duration: 12 Hours
- Starts & ends in: Reykjavik
What to bring:
- Packed Lunch
- Comfortable Footwear
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
Included in price:
• Þórsmörk Nature Reserve
• Walk on warm lava
This tour will take you to the eruption area from 2010, where the lava is still warm!
We start the day with a drive along the beautiful south coast to Seljalandsfoss waterfall, but it is also possible to join the tour from there. The journey proceeds to Skógafoss waterfall where we take an exciting drive in a mountain truck up the bridge over Skógá river. From there we hike (5-6 hours) between two glaciers, Eyjafjallajökull and Mýrdalsjökull, to the new volcano where we explore the warm lava from 2010. In the afternoon we walk into Þórsmörk nature reserve where we are picked up. On the way out of Þórsmörk we drive across unbridged glacial rivers before returning to Reykjavík in the afternoon. This tour has it all, hiking, off road driving, glaciers and volcanoes.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.