AH16 Krýsuvík Geothermal Area & Kleifarvatn Lake by Iceland Excursions - Gray Line Iceland
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
On this tour you can enjoy some of Iceland's geological attractions in the capital's backyard. The tour starts with a transfer from Reykjavík to the Blue Lagoon where the guided tour starts at 14:00. From the Blue Lagoon we will drive to Grindavík fishing village where we will make a short stop down by the harbour. From Grindavík the journey continues along the coastline and onwards through the lava fields. Our next stop will be at Krýsuvík geothermal area where you can take a walk between the boiling mud pools and smelly solfatares.
The tour proceeds to the largest lake on the Reykjanes peninsula, Kleifarvatn. The lake is situated on the fissure zone of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge and is one of the deepest lakes of the country, 97 meters. In the year 2000 the water level shrunk dramatically after an earthquake. Today the lake level has recovered but on south shore of the lake you can still see steam rising up from the border of the lake from numerous hot springs which were revealed after the earthquake period. We will stop at a viewpoint close by the lake before heading back to Reykjavík.
Please note that there is no time on tour AH16 to bathe in the Blue Lagoon. For those who want to have time to bathe in the Blue Lagoon we recommend booking tour AH17, which offers time at the Blue Lagoon before the start of this tour.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.