AH19 Reykjanes Peninsula by Iceland Excursions - Gray Line Iceland
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Visit the rugged Reykjanes Peninsula before heading back to Reykjavik or enjoying a visit to the Blue Lagoon.
- Departs from: Passengers can return to Reykjavik at 12:00, 15:00, 17:15 or 19:00.
- Departure times: 09:00
- Starts & ends in: Reykjavik
What to bring:
- Warm Clothing
- Comfortable Footwear
- Light Refreshments
- Packed Lunch
Included in price:
After leaving the capital we head to the Reykjanes peninsula where you can see the mid Atlantic ridge rises from the ocean. This is where the tectonic plates of Europe and America are slowly drifting apart by about 1 cm a year.
More than half of the peninsula is covered with lava fields, some of which are only a few hundred years old. We head for the old lighthouse on the westernmost tip of the peninsula. This is a magnificent area with rich bird life in the summer. From there we continue through the lava fields to the nearby fishing village of Grindavík.
Our next stop is at The Blue Lagoon where you have three different options; a visit to The Blue Lagoon, transfer to Keflavík Airport or return back to Reykjavík according to the transfer schedule below.
Transfers from the Lagoon to Reykjavik are available at 12:00, 15:00, 17:15 and 19:00.
Transfers from the Blue Lagoon to the Airport are available at 12:00, 14:00 and 15:00.
Please note: Entrance fee to the bathing area is not included in the tour price.
This tour is also available as a combination tour:
AH22 Reykjanes Peninsula and Gullfoss & Geysir Express
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.