AH30 South Coast & Þórsmörk by Iceland Excursions - Gray Line Iceland
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Þórsmörk valley is a nature reserve shielded on three sides by glaciers, mountains and glacial rivers. A tour for nature lovers!
- Departure times: 08:30
- Duration: 10 Hours
- Starts & ends in: Reykjavik
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
Included in price:
• Seljalandsfoss waterfall
We begin this tour by driving over the mountain heath Hellisheiði towards Selfoss town and then along the south shore to Seljalandsfoss waterfall.
From there our journey continues towards the interior to our main attraction, Thórsmörk (i.e. Thor's Woodland), a nature reserve shielded on three sides by glaciers and mountains. The glacial melt-off forms rivers that have to be crossed on the way, but those can change in a matter of hours from an innocent stream into a thunderous torrent. Some days the crossing is quite challenging or even impossible but our skilled drivers are very experienced in these driving conditions and will take you safely across the rivers.
Once there we make a stop to enjoy the breathtaking scenery with its multitude of small gullies and valleys, clad with low birch-trees that create seemingly endless possibilities for the nature lover. Various hiking routes are available and everyone can find a suitable one.
On our way back we will stop at the rugged gorge of Stakkholtsgjá for a short hike. This tour is truly unforgettable for the nature lover at heart and ideal as a hiking trip.
During the hardest winter months, it might not be possible to access Þórsmörk. Then we will visit Vík village with its black sand beaches and the magnificent Skógarfoss waterfall.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.