AH34 South Coast, Waterfalls and Glacier Hike by Iceland Excursions - Gray Line Iceland
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
A journey along the south shore of Iceland during the winter season. Visit Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls and the magnificent black sand beaches.
- Departure times: 08:30
- Duration: 10 Hours
- Starts & ends in: Reykjavik
What to bring:
- Packed Lunch
- Light Refreshments
- Comfortable Footwear
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
Included in price:
From Reykjavík we drive over the plateau of Hellisheiði, past the greenhouse village of Hveragerði, where many of the inhabitants base their living on greenhouse cultivation, to the village of Hvolsvöllur, where we will make our first short stop (around 20 min to buy something refreshments and to go to the restrooms).
Onwards to the beautiful waterfall of Seljalandsfoss, where one can walk behind the waterfall. From there we continue to the community of Skógar to see the museum and the magnificent Skógarfoss waterfall. This area has been badly hit by the floods from the eruption at Eyjafjallajökull and is being restored at this very moment. The museum of Skógar is one of the best folklore museums in the country with old houses made of turf. The stop at each waterfall is around 20 minutes, which gives you ample time to enjoy the falls and walk around.
Next stop is at the village of Vik. The village of Vík is situated by the sea, just beside a beautiful black beach. If the weather conditions allow we can see Hekla volcano on the way.
On our way back we stop again at Hvolsvöllur and on our way to Reykjavik we pass through the charming little villages of Eyrarbakki and Stokkseyri.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.