AH36 Vestmannaeyjar - Pompei of the north by Iceland Excursions - Gray Line Iceland
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Visit the Westman Islands with us. A combination of a bus and boat tour to these beautiful islands just off the south coast of Iceland.
- Departure times: 07:30
- Duration: 12 Hours
- Starts & ends in: Reykjavik
What to bring:
- Packed Lunch
- Light Refreshments
- Comfortable Footwear
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
Included in price:
Vestmannaeyjar, or The Westman Islands, are truly a wonder of Nature. The youngest island of the Vestmannaeyjar celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2003 and the oldest one is close to 40.000 years old!
We drive towards the south to the new pier at Bakkafjara and take a 30 minute tour with the ferry to the islands. Once there we will be greeted by a local guide and join a bus tour around Heimaey island.
We will visit the puffins in Storhofdi and walk up to the crater of a volcano that erupted only a few years ago as well as exploring the flora of the new lava field.
After a lunch break we join a boat cruise where we will see many of the wonders of the Vestmannaeyjar nature. Colourful ocean caves, millions of seabirds and, occasionally during the summer, groups of whales. On the return from the cruise we will enjoy instrumental music in the natural echo of the ocean cave Klettshellir.
In the wintertime (from September 1) the boat tour is not available on our Saturday departures. Instead we will see a one hour volcano show, during which a soup will be served. The ferry leaves Vestmannaeyjar at 15:00 and the return to Reykjavík is planned at around 18:00.
Note: No departures on Thursday 29 July 2010 and Saturday 31 July 2010.
Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:00. Return to Reykjavík at around 19:00.
Saturdays at 08:00. Return to Reykjavík at around 20:00 during the summer months and around 18:00 during the winter months.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.