AH61 The Saga Trail by Iceland Excursions - Gray Line Iceland
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Let us introduce you to the settlement history of Iceland and visit the Whaling Station in Hvalfjord.
- Departure times: 08:00
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Starts & ends in: Reykjavik
What to bring:
- Waterproof Clothing
- Warm Clothing
- Comfortable Footwear
- Light Refreshments
- Packed Lunch
Included in price:
We leave Reykjavik at 8:00 and head for Hvalfjördur. Before the tunnel underneath the fjord was built, driving along its shores was the only way to get to Borgarnes. We follow this old route, which leads us to the Whaling Station on its northern shores, which is still in operation.
Our next stop is the settlement center in Borgarnes, where we will visit one of the ongoing exhibitions. Our lunch break will be in Fossatún, after which we head for more history in Reykholt and then to the geothermal area at Deildartunguhver. Here we say goodbye to our guide and head through the tunnel back to Reykjavik.
This tour is also available as a combination tour:
AH63 The Silver Circle
AH65 The Platinum Circle - Three in one!
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.