AH71 Magnificent Fissure Diving by Iceland Excursions - Gray Line Iceland
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Enjoy a dive at one of the world's top ten diving sites at Silfra in the National Park at Thingvellir.
- Departs from: Departures: Summer Season (22 Jan - 20 Nov) at 09:00. Winter Season (21 Nov - 21 Jan) at 10:00.
- Departure times: 09:00
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Starts & ends in: Reykjavik
What to bring:
- Packed Lunch
- Light Refreshments
- Comfortable Footwear
- Change of Clothes
- Warm Clothing
Included in price:
If you are a certified diver, with or without a dry suit experience, this tours is something for you. It gives you the opportunity to dive in one of the world's top ten diving sites Silfra, situated in the Þingvellir National Park. Silfra is actually a crack/fissure in the face of the earth and has a constant temperature of 1-3°C all year round.
You can swim out the crack without effort due to a mild current thrusting you onwards. Silfra offers open water diving, caving and deep diving, but the depth is about 40 meters open water and 60 meters inside of a cave.
Weather does not play any part in diving in Silfra, except it's more beautiful in sunny weather. You will be accompanied by a PADI Dive master or a PADI Instructor. It is really easy to dive in this area, because we can choose from different routes depending on your experience as a diver.
We recommend that you wear warm undergarments beneath the diving suit and bring extra clothing. You will have to have experience as a diver and be familiar with all the equipment involved.
The diving and snorkeling tours share the same transfer to and from Þingvellir National Park.
Due to the limited daylight hours from 21 November through 21 January the tour departs Reykjavik at 10:00 with pickup at your hotel at 09:30.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.