BELFAST & MONASTERBOICE - 1 Day Tour by Extreme Ireland
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Guided tour of Belfast City, including a visit to The Belfast Peace Wall, the Republican Museum , St Patricks Grave, Dundrum Castle & The Mourne Mountains
- Departure times: 08:00
- Duration: 11 Hours
- Starts & ends in: Dublin
Required for Extras:
- $60.00 USD
What to bring:
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
Included in price:
We leave from the tourist office on Suffolk Street, the building that used to be a church at 8 am. With a great day ahead of you it will be worth your while getting up early.
Our first stop is in Drogheda about 9 am to visit the embalmed head of St Oliver Plunkett - Ireland's first martyred saint, and a coffee if you so wish.
From here a short drive brings you to some of the finest Celtic High Crosses on the Island at Monasterboice, with their fine early Christian carvings. Again a short drive and we visit an ancient burial place called Proleek Dolmen; it's a perfect example of ancient burial structures which are amazing considering their sheer size. The setting of Proleek is lovely gentle rolling hills around the border area, it's not obvious there's a border anymore as it's a mere change in road signs and speed limits, the scenery is still as lovely.
Approximate arrival time in Belfast then is 12.30 pm with free time for lunch and seeing the sights such as City Hall, Ulster Folk Museum, Queens University, Crown Liquer Saloon and the new Victoria Sq shopping mall with its glass dome roof with great views of Belfast centre.
*One point to remember is that in Belfast, the majority of shops will only take sterling(british pounds). You will be able to get sterling in Dublin the day before or in Belfast on the day.
You then meet at 2.45 pm at a specific location ascertained from your Extreme Ireland tour guide to join the City Open Top tour. The local guide will give you a humorous but detailed historical and political insight into one of the most troubled areas of the Island over the recent past. You will also visit the most notable sights in the city including of course the Titanic Quarter, famed for the unsinkable ship, the Titanic! At the end of the open top tour you will be brought to the Republican Museum in the Falls Rd area of the city. We are the only tour company with access to this.
After about a half hour visit to the museum you will then refresh in the museum cafe before rejoining the Extreme Ireland bus and guide for the return journey to Dublin (2 hours direct) arriving sometime between 6.30/7 pm just in time for dinner and a pint reminiscing over the days adventure, which we're confident you will have enjoyed.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- An approximate amount of USD60.00 is required to cover tour extras.
- A 3.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 1 week(s) in advance.