Howth Day Tour from Dublin by Sandemans New Europe GMBH
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Howth is an ancient fishing village just outside of Dublin, surrounded by nature and steeped in legends. From pre-history to modern times the wild rocky peninsula has seen some of the most crucial events and bloody battles that have shaped Irish history. Simply incredible views of Dublin and (weather permitting - this is Ireland!) even as far away as Wales and Northern Ireland will take your breath away.
Although it's just a short train ride away you'll find yourself lost in time where mysterious Neolithic standing stones share a hill with medieval ruins, lonely lighthouses and 18th century coastal defences. The relics of past invaders are set against the backdrop of dramatic scenery and wildlife. We regularly spot guillemots, eagles, seals and more on a spectacular clifftop walk.
We spend 6 hours in this beautiful setting so you have time to fully appreciate this fascinating place and get the best out of the trip. Unsurprisingly Howth has amazing fresh fish and seafood available and some of the best real Irish pubs you've ever seen. We advise good footwear as we are exploring Ireland's countryside by foot, rather than sitting on a bus. For generations it has been Dublin's number one day trip destination. So leave the big city behind and, as the old slogan puts it best, visit 'the Hill of Howth for health and heather'.
THIS 6 HOUR DAY TRIP COVERS THE FOLLOWING
18th Century Martello Tower
The 1916 Howth Gun-Running
W.B. Yeats' Boyhood Home
The Bloody Stream
…and much more!
Meet your guide at the small square next to City Hall in Dublin.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.