Stout and the City by Sandemans New Europe GMBH
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Ireland's greatest success story is a fascinating 250 year journey from humble beginnings, through rebellions and World Wars guided by the pioneering vision of 'Uncle Arthur'. More than just a great brew, Guinness is an institution: as much a part of the culture of Ireland as the identity of Dublin. The Guinness family's renowned philanthropy has benefited the city for generations.
What is stout? Is Guinness really made from the River Liffey? Where does the harp logo come from? Where did Arthur Guinness brew his first pint? What makes Ireland's favourite drink so special? More importantly - where can you find the perfect pint?
This 2-hour walking tour traces the origins of the brewery and its founder and uncovers their lasting impact on the city, finishing at Ireland's number one tourist attraction - the Guinness Storehouse. An expert guide will entertain and explain Dublin's 'black magic' in ways you won't find anywhere else.
THIS 2-HOUR WALKING TOUR COVERS:
Origins of the Guinness Brewery
The Iveagh Trust
Benjamin Lee Guinness
Guinness Worker's Housing
The 1798 Rebellion
St Patrick's Cathedral
The Guinness Harp
John's Lane Church
The Guinness Storehouse
Robert Emmet's Uprising
The Guinness Pension
… and much more!
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.