Walking Wicklow,Haunted Jail, Glendalough by wild rover tours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Wicklow Jail Irelands most haunted place!Interactive experience with notorious inhabitants.Guided walk through Avoca Vale,wildlife and nature,bronze age copper mines and Glendaloug
- Departure times: 09:00
- Duration: 8.5 Hours
- Starts & ends in: Dublin
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
- Comfortable walking shoes as the walk is off the road through countryside. Its a non strenuous walk for hour plus a quater accross and down through the Vale of Avoca.
Included in price:
Visit the notorious Wicklow Gaol, Ireland's best and most interactive experience. It is recognised as Ireland's most haunted place. Meet the jailer and come face to face with the most notorious characters to have inhabited the walls of this ghoulish prison.
We then visit the beautiful Vale of Avoca and Avoca Village (location of TVs "Ballykissangel"), also memorialised by the poet Thomas Moore. After you enjoy a brief rest for lunch join us for a tranquil guided walk through the Vale with its abandoned villages and coppermines. Climb onto the Druid Mottee Stones and soak up the beauty of the area known as the "Garden of Ireland". See birds of prey, Ireland's native Red Kites soar over their quarry, look down on stately homes and estates, the scent of wild flowers and flora, the sounds and sights of beautiful nature unspoilt, all at gentle pace over an hour and a half. After a short drive we arrive at Glendalough and the 6th century Monastic Settlement founded by St Kevin. Glendalough is serenity with a sense of well being. Stroll the valley of the two lakes, take one-of-a-kind photos of the round tower and its monastic ruins. Glendalough is world renowned for its natural beauty "A visit to Glendalough will help you understand why those solitude seeking monks came here in the first place.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 1 week(s) in advance.