Gap of Dunloe by O'Connor Autotours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
The Gap of Dunloe is a magnificent defile running four miles between the McGillycuddy Reeks and the Purple mountain group. At the entrance to the gap is a famous cottage, named after a woman called Kate Kearney who died in childbirth at the age of 102! Having arrived at the cottage by coach the visitor then commences the seven mile journey through the Gap to Lord Brandon's cottage by trap, pony or on foot, where a light lunch can be obtained. There is much evidence of glacial action in the Gap, in striae and ice-moulded rocks. The towering summits if the Reeks, the changing shadows on the Purple and Tomies mountains, the silence and solitude of the rugged glen - all combine to make an unforgettable impression upon the visitor. The boats depart from Brandon Cottage approx 2.15pm and arrive in the afternoon at Ross Castle having come through the three lakes of Killarney. On this section of the tour you will be enchanted by the stories and folklore of the boatmen. Motorcoach will await you at Ross Castle to take you back to Killarney.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.