Mount of Olives Tour by Sandemans New Europe GMBH
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
The Mount of Olives has been an important burial place since Canaanite times. Kingdoms and Empires have come and gone and left their marks on this legendary hill...
- Departure times: 14:00
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Takes Place In: Jerusalem
What to bring:
- *Public transport and some entrance fees are not included (approx. cost 20 NIS per person)
- -To avoid the sun we start early but we advise you to bring a hat and water.
- -Modest dress is essential (no shorts and women should bring a shawl).
Included in price:
The Mount of Olives has been an important burial place since Canaanite times. Kingdoms and Empires have come and gone and left their marks on this legendary hill. Today it is a hugely popular vantage point with simply breath-taking views of the holy sites of Jerusalem's Old City. Pilgrims are drawn to sites important to all three Abrahamic faiths, in particular those associated with Jesus' last week on Earth and where the End of Days was described to the Disciples. For Jews and Muslims alike the Mount of Olives is where the gates of heaven will open up on Judgement Day. Our tour takes in these profound ideas as well as allowing the time to enjoy the views and hidden treasures scattered around the hill - and of course those famous olive trees!
On this 3.5 hour tour, we will see:
• Church of Pater Noster- believed to be where Jesus taught the Lord's Prayer
• Mosque of the Ascension- venerated as the point of Jesus' Ascension to heaven
• Views of the Old City- unmissable views across to the Temple Mount and the city walls
• Jewish Cemetery- the world's oldest Jewish cemetery
• Dominus Flevit- 'the Lord wept' tear-drop shaped church
• Church of Mary Magdalene- onion-domed Russian church
• Garden of All Nations- built over Byzantine ruins
• Mary's Tomb- Greek Orthodox church over the grave of Mary
Modest dress is essential (no shorts and women should bring a shawl).
Where & When?
Tour Starting Point: Meet us at Jaffa Gate by the Tourist Info Point.
Search for Mount of Olives - Student Rate for a reduction on this ticket.
Just look for our guides wearing red t-shirts!
Tour Ending Point: The tour finishes at Mary's Tomb, a short walk from the Lions Gate of the Old Town or a bus stop leading to the Wailing Wall
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.