The Taste of Tuscany day tour by Tuscany on a Budget
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Great food, wine, scenery and most importantly fun! An afternoon tour to Siena, Monteriggioni and the Chianti region with dinner included. Tour recommended for 18-35's
- Departure times: 14:00
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Starts & ends in: Florence
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
Included in price:
An afternoon tour to Siena, Monteriggioni and the Chianti region with dinner included.
If you only have 1 day in Florence, this is a perfect tour for you. Spend the whole morning sightseeing
Florence, its museums, momuments and markets then come away from the crowds on an afternoon trip to some of the most beautiful local towns in Tuscany.
The tour departs from Florence at 2:00pm* and the first stop will be in Monteriggioni, a 13th century medieval town stage of the famous movie “The Gladiator”. In here you will be able to admire the wonderful views of the area and the Tuscan countryside from the ancient walls or explore the small shops selling the local handcraft.
The second stop will be at the historic city of Siena where you will be enchanted by the architectural styles of the Cathedral, the Mangia Bell Tower and the Palazzo Pubblico in Piazza del Campo, the venue of the famous Palio horse race held twice a year in July and August. In Siena you will have free time to wander around and discover the hidden beauties of this magical town.
The third stop will be in a local winery. You will be visiting the cellars with useful explanations given by an expert and you will discover the traditions of the wine making art followed by a wine tasting at the end. In the winery you will be able to buy the local products at a convenient cost either to bring back home or to the local farm later in the day to drink while enjoying the dinner with your new friends.
Finally we will reach an authentic Tuscan farm in the heart of the famous Chianti Classico region for dinner. Here begins the serious task of tasting locally produced Tuscan products, including pecorino cheese accompanied by various tasty jams, home made cured meats, mixed salad, seasoned vegables and fresh extra virgin olive oil on bread right before returning back to Florence.
Departure from the Tuscan farm is at 9:00pm. Estimated travel time is 45m*. We will arrive back to Florence at approx 9:45pm*
* all departure/ arrival time are all estimated and are subject to change due to road conditions and traffic.
Price: € 59 per person
Included in Price: Transport, our fun and informative local guide for insight info about the area, free time in Siena, visit to a winery with wine tasting, quick visit of Monteriggioni, dinner in a Tuscan farm.
Departure: 2.00pm (15 minutes earlier at the meeting point )
Duration: 7 hours 30 mins
Return: 10:00pm approx
Days: Every TUESDAY, THURSDAY, SATURDAY
Tour recommended for 18-35 year old indipendent travellers.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.