AMALFI COAST ON A BUDGET by Tuscany on a Budget
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
4 days of relax, fun and breathtaking scenery that you will never forget. Pompeii, Sorrento, Capri, Amalfi, Positano, Naples and lots more.
- Departure times: 9:00
- Duration: 4 Days
- Starts & ends in: Rome
- Camping Village
- Accommodation upgrade: 35.00 USD
- Other supplements: 44.00 USD
- (Private ensuite cabin)
What to bring:
- Change of Clothes
Included in price:
Visit the ruins of Pompeii, relax on a boat trip to Capri island, taste Limoncello and the local products, immerse yourself on the crystal clear water of the Mediterranean sea, explore Amalfi and Positano, get impressed by the wonderful view of the coast line and spend time in Naples, one of the most folkloristic towns in Italy.
Day 1:Rome to Sorrento - stop in Pompeii
The trip will depart from Termini train station in Rome at 9:00am by private coach bus towards the south. After a 2h30 ride we will reach our first stop Pompeii, the UNESCO world Heritage destroyed and buried under 4 to 6 m of ash and pumice in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79. In Pompeii you will have free time to explore the ruins at your own peace ( entry ticket included )or organize with your guide a 2h guided tour with a professional local guide for € 10 extra. The trip will continue to Sorrento, a wonderful pearl on the Amalfi coast overlooking the bay of Naples where our accommodation is located. Once in Sorrento, after you all have checked in your accommodation, your guide will take you for an orientation walk around the center and to a limoncello shop where you will be able to learn how this typical liqueur is produced and obviously taste it at the end. In the evening you have the choice to spend time on your own or join your guide to a local restaurant for an optional delicious dinner and to a club later on for some drinks.
Day 2:Capri island
What a perfect way to start the day with a boat trip to Capri island. Our private boat tour will depart from the campsite at 8.45am.
During our trip to Capri you will be enchanted by the magnificent bay of Sorrento, the beautiful coast line and the blue Gulf of Naples. We will arrive at Capri's Marina Piccola at 10am. Once in Capri you will have time to discover the island in complete freedom, relax on the beach, visit Anacarpi or take the chairlift up to the top of Mt. Solaro for a breathtaking 360 degree view of the island.
We will board the boat again at approx 4 pm to continue the journey, admiring the Grotta Verde (Green Grotto) and Punta Carena, (the furthest point of the island).
We will reach the famous and characteristic Blue Grotto, with the option of entering inside the Grotto and admiring the fantastic crystal blue colours , from which this mythical Grotto takes its name. The return back at the campsite is expected for 6 pm.
In the evening you have the choice to spend time on your own or join your guide at the restaurant of the campsite for some drinks and an optional dinner for an easy and relaxing night.
Day 3:Amalfi and Positano
Our third day is all for the Amalfi coast and its wonders. Our private boat trip to Positano and Amalfi will depart from the campsite at 8.30am.
During the journey to Amalfi , we will pass by the Island of GALLI (Isola di Nurejev) and Praiano, the quietest village on the Amalfi coast, famous for its crystal-clear seas that are awarded the Bandiera Blu (Blue Flag) for cleanliness, the encompassing views and its cathedral located 365m above the sea level. Here you will have the option to visit the GROTTA DELLO SMERALDO.
We will reach Amalfi at approx midday. We will stop in the town for about 2h to allow you to discover the town at your own peace and its famous cathedral, lie down at the beach and have a bite on one of the typical shop selling fresh local food.
We will board again on our boat at approx 2pm for the splendid town of Positano, that from the sea it is a cascade of colourful houses, clinging magically to earth. Its pastel buildings form a vertical wonderland. Narrow, threadlike streets provide boutiques, cafes, restaurants and bars. We will arrive back at our Campsite at approx 6pm.
Our last evening in Sorrento you have the choice to spend time on your own or join your guide at a restaurant in Sorrento for the best pizza of the Amalfi coast and later for some drinks.
Day 4:Sorrento to Rome - Stop in Naples
It's time to say goodbye to the wonderful Amalfi coast. We will depart the campsite at 9 am to return back to Rome and our first stop will be Naples.
You can't leave the South of Italy without taking at least a small peek at Naples, home of the Italian pizza and Italian customs. We will stop in one of the area of Naples famous for its shopping and monuments. Your guide will take you for an orientation walk and will show you the places of interests; San Carlo theatre, Plebiscito square, Umberto I 's gallery and lots more. You are also given free time to walk around or visit the Real Palace.
We depart Naples at 1:30 to return to Rome. We arrive back in Rome approximately at 4:30 pm.
· Round trip luxury coach transport
· 3 nights accommodation in a cliff-top camping village.
· 3 continental breakfast
· Entry to Pompeii
· Orientation tour of Sorrento
· Limoncello tasting
· Boat tour to and around the island of Capri (with a stop at the Blue Grotto)
· Boat tour to Amalfi and Positano
· 3h stop in Naples
· Your local Italy on a Budget guide and driver
· Info and local facts of each destination
· Blue Grotto: Entrance into the site is 12.50 Euro and includes row boat ride into one of the Seven Natural Wonders of Europe. For an added tip your driver may allow you to swim in the fluorescent water.
· Pompeii Guided Tour: 10 euro per person extra for guide. Bus2alps has been using the same guides for years now. They give a fantastic account of the city and do a good job of relating it.
Meeting point: Outside Termini train station, in via Marsala next to Hotel Royal Santina
Meeting Time: 9 am
Accommodation Type: Basic 3 bed cabin with shared facilities.
Accommodation Upgrade: It is possible to upgrade to an ensuite 3 bed cabin for a bit of more comfort for £ 35.00pp or to a private twin ensuite cabin for £ 45.00pp
Return: Back to Rome on a Sunday at 5pm
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- - Customers must make cancellations in writing or by e-mail.
- - Cancellation fees for cancellations made before commencing the tour are as follows: Less than:
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 1 week(s) in advance.
|48 hours||100.00%||24 hours||100.00%|