Busabout- Italian Adventure 3-day by Radical Travel
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Italy is in a league of its own. It has style, it has passion, stunning history and a culture few fail to fall in love with. Our whirlwind tour will give you a unforgettable taste!
- Departure times: 07:45
- Duration: 3 Days
- Starts & ends in: Rome
What to bring:
- Insect Repellant
- Comfortable Footwear
- Change of Clothes
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
Included in price:
Day 1: Rome to Sorrento
We'll hit the road from Rome bright and early, heading down to Pompeii, the awe inspiring archaeological site which lies in the shadow of Mount Vesuvius. The only volcano in mainland Europe to have erupted in the last 100 years, the massive eruption in AD 79 buried the city and people of Pompeii, and today we have a 2 hour tour with a local guide to unlock the secrets and history of this awesome site and those who lived here.
Back on the road we'll cruise the Amalfi coast; the stunning sleepy coastal roads leading us down to Sorrento, our base for the next two nights. After check in there's time for a dip in the pool or a trip down to the campsite beach before we head in to the sun-dappled Sorrento evening for an orientation walk, a Limoncello and chocolate tasting and an optional meal at a traditional restaurant. After dinner we'll head out in to the night for a few cocktails at some local bars, before heading back to the campsite, ready for an early start the next day as we head to Capri!
Day 2: Isle of Capri
Sunshine, soft summer breeze and the gentle lapping of the waves greets us today, as we jump on to our local boat for a cruise to the gorgeous Isle of Capri and a taste of the real dolce vita. Touring along the coast line we'll check out the surreal Blue Grotto, incredible celebrity homes and the gorgeous scenery before we arrive, ready to explore the playground of the rich and famous.
Browse the designer boutiques, discover true Italian ice-cream, sunbathe on the beach or satisfy your celeb addiction and watch the stars in action before heading up to the stunning Giardini di Augosto for a view of the Faraglioni rocks or a visit to Carthusia, the Caprisian perfumery. Take a trip up to Anacapri, Capri's sleepy pinnacle, then jump on to the chair-lift around Mount Solaro for a bird's eye view of the island. Alternatively make like a star and catch an open top taxi to meet the boat for our return to Sorrento, the wind in your hair and sunglasses on as your driver navigates the steepest of cliffside roads with the beauty of Capri displayed below in all its glory.
On arrival back to Sorrento check out the local shops or bars in town, then head back to the campsite for an optional meal with your trip mates - the perfect ending to our second night.
Day 3: Amalfi Coast to Rome
Another bright and early start as we make the most of our final day cruising the spectacular coastal road from Sorrento, past Positano and on to Amalfi and Ravello; our super chilled and super pretty final stops. For a true taste of the Italian South check out the age old paper-making shop, chill out on the beach and eat the best cakes ever at the local bakery in Amalfi. Then head to Ravello to explore the stunning Villa Rufolo and grab a bite to eat at any of the local restaurants before we get on the road back to Rome, with our tour ending on arrival back at Camping Roma.
Please note, we recommend you make onward travel arrangements for the day after the trip ends, as sometimes the traffic on the Amalfi Coast is very heavy and we cannot guarantee our return time.
* Pompeii - preserved by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79AD
* Local boat trip to visit the glamorous Capri
* The spectacular Blue Grotto Cave
* The serene streets of Ravello and Amalfi
* Swim in the Mediterranean and soak up the sun
* Drive the Amalfi Coast road, one of the best scenic views in Europe
* Eat regional food from Sorrento. The best pizza, chocolate and gelato washed down with Limoncello
* Chill out, explore, or join one of our optional extras. Full details from your Busabout Guide
* Sorrento - local Italian feasts, bars and nightclubs
* Capri - take a chairlift to Monte Solaro and visit Villa San Michele
* Ravello - visit the gardens of Villa Rufolo with stunning views of the coast
* Boat trip on the Amalfi Coast
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- - Customers must make cancellations in writing or by e-mail.
- - Cancellation fees for cancellations made before commencing the tour are as follows: Less than:
- A 2.75% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
|1 month||25.00%||3 weeks||25.00%|
|2 weeks||100.00%||1 week||100.00%|
|48 hours||100.00%||24 hours||100.00%|