Rome-Ancient Appian Way Bike Tour by TopBike Rental & Tours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
A trip into a unique environment, in which a miraculously intact nature, free from moderniz. forms a backdrop to the continuous passage of historical, cultural and artistic events.
- Departs from: Via dei Quattro Cantoni 40 From April 1st to September 15th this tour starts at 14.00! From September 16th to October 27th this tour starts at 10:15!
- Departure times: 14:00
- Duration: 6 Hours
- Takes Place In: Rome
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- We suggest to get your gloves in winter and sunglasses in the summer!
Included in price:
"TopBike Rental & Tours is professionally run by Roman enthusiastic bikers who want to show off their city." (2009 Rick Steves' Guide Book).
Joining one of our bike tours means exploring Rome with an expert guide capable of bringing you in total relax across Rome, where every open square is a breakthrough, every alley is a surprise and behind every corner an unexpected encounter.
An experience to live through in total relaxation:
• without orientation problems, roaming around with someone that knows the city and that would always make the best choice to seek Rome's beauty, safeness and easiness in biking: 80-90% of the routes are closed to traffic or with limited traffic.
• without parking problems, with no bike guarding responsibility if wanting to visit a church, for a photo break, or simply to exchange views with other tour participants while tasting a typical Italian ice cream or drinking coffee.
• paying attention only to the sights and enjoying a city which is too difficult to visit by car, too large to perceive by foot and too rich of atmosphere and personality to be discovered on top of a tourist bus!
Groups not bigger than 12 people!
We depart rain or shine. If it rains we provide raincoats.
Departure at 14.00 untill 15th of September 2012.
Departure at 10.15 from the 16th of September 2012 onwards.
ANCIENT APPIAN ROAD, AQUEDUCT AND CAFFARELLA PARKS
...Pedaling on a 2300 year old cobblestone Roman road, while beside passing by a sepulchre, a Roman statue, the ruins of a circus and an imperial palace; leaving the "regina viarum" just to reach the ancient Roman aqueducts that rise over the fields into the horizon and following them on their way to Rome; crossing the Caffarella Park, a preserved strip of land of the Roman countryside that so well impressed the travelers of 19th century like Byron, Goethe and Stendhal.
An extraordinary tour of absolute beauty. A journey into a unique environment, in which a miraculously intact nature, free from modernization, forms a backdrop to the continuous passage of historical, cultural and artistic events.
Things to see on the way
• Trajan's Thermal baths
• Circus Maximus
• Caracalla's Thermal baths
• S. Sebastian Door
• Aurelian Walls
• S. Sebastian Basilica
• Circus of Maxentius
• Tomb of Caecilia Metella
• Ancient Appia Road
• Tombs and Tumulus Ruins
• Ninfeum of Villa Quintili
• Aqueduct Park
(Claudius and Felix)
• Fiscale's Tower
• Caffarella Park
• Ninfeum of Egeria
• ...and much more
• with a "cheese & wine" break in a picturesque farm in the Caffarella Park and the guided visit of the Catacombs of S.Callisto .
Distance: 30 kms.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- - Customers must make cancellations in writing or by e-mail.
- - Cancellation fees for cancellations made before commencing the tour are as follows: Less than:
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 1 week(s) in advance.