Chianti and Castle tour by MY TOUR
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
The beautiful ruby-red colour and the characteristic bouquet with scents of violet are the special features that reveal the identity of one of the most famous wines in the world
- Departs from: The tour is available for San Gimignano, the cost will change ( extra 10,00 Euros)and the tour is approximatly extra 2 hours.
- Departure times: 14:00
- Duration: 5 Hours
- Starts & ends in: Siena
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
The beautiful ruby-red colour and the characteristic bouquet with scents of violet are the special features that reveal the identity of one of the most famous wines in the world: Chianti. This wine results from the wise blend of Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes, and originates from the hilly area from which it draws its name. Our expert and witty tour leaders will lead you to the discovery of the breathtaking, uncontaminated landscapes that have been cradling the Chianti vineyards for centuries, presenting you a harmony of colours that can only be found in the hills of this region. The sounds, scents and flavours of this land will capture your senses through a unique experience that you will live, relish and comprehend by visiting ancient churches, medieval castles and small villages where the rhythm of life remains unaltered over time. Together, we will enjoy exploring these fantastic sceneries and will appreciate their century-old traditions.
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
• Shuttle service from your accommodation and back.
• Private minivan with all comforts for a maximum of 8 people.
• Expert bilingual escort (Italian-English).
• Tour of the most typical villages, abbeys and castles.
• Wine tasting at two renowned wineries in the Chianti area reviewed on the best specialised magazines, such as Wine Spectator and Decanter. During each visit, you will have the opportunity to follow a detailed description of the different steps required for the production of wine: your journey through taste will start from the vineyard, with illustrations of the growth and development of the vines and will lead to the cellar, where the product undergoes processing, fermentation and bottling.
• Tasting of bruschette and typical Tuscan cold cuts and cheese.
• Possibility of buying wine at favourable prices at the wineries visited during the tour (shipped almost everywhere in the world).
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Departure: From Siena: 2:00 p.m., From S. Gimignano: 1.00 p.m.
Duration of the tour: 5 hours from Siena; 7 hours from San Gimignano.
Minimum number of participants: 1
Price: Euro 60.00 from Siena, Euro 70.00 from San Gimignano and other areas of the province
From 1st November to15th March, departure is brought forward by 1 hour.
Children under 2 years of age free of charge.
Children between 3 and 8 years old, 50% discount.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.