CHIANTI AND SAN GIMIGNANO GRAND TOUR by MY TOUR
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
The beautiful ruby colour and the characteristic fragrance with hints of violet are the distinguishing marks of the identity of one of the most famous wines in the world: Chianti.
- Departs from: From 1st November to 15th March, departure is brought forward by 1 hour (DEPARTURE IS SCHEDULED AT 1.00PM)
- Departure times: 13:00
- Duration: 5 Hours
- Starts & ends in: SIENA
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
Included in price:
The beautiful ruby colour and the characteristic fragrance with hints of violet are the distinguishing marks of the identity of one of the most famous wines in the world: Chianti. You will taste this refined product at one of the best wine cellars of the area accompanying the wine with a selection of bruschettas (garlic bread), typical cheeses and Tuscan salami and sliced cold meats. Our expert and brilliant tour leaders will guide you in the discovery of the marvellous unspoilt landscapes that have been cradling the Chianti vineyards for centuries, unravelling before your eyes in a harmony of colours that only the hills of this region can give you. The sounds, fragrances and tastes of this land will steal your senses through a unique experience to be discovered, tasted and understood by visiting ancient churches, medieval castles and little hamlets where the pace of life has remained unchanged over the course of time. With us you will enjoy the pleasure of exploring these fantastic settings and relishing their ancient traditions.
Our tour then continues to San Gimignano, is a splendid example of medieval town and has been declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco.
San Gimignano, distinguished by its world famous, characteristic towered skyline, stands along the via Francigena on the hills of upper Val D'Elsa.
The town, also famous for its wine, Vernaccia di San Gimignano, saffron and the precious Santa Fina pottery, will meet our eye leaving everyone astonished by its beauty.
Our guide will accompany you to every corner of the town characterised by beautiful squares, buildings, churches and suggestive alleyways.
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- Journey by GT Coach fitted with sound amplifying system, air conditioning and all modern conveniences
- Expert multilingual escorts (English and Spanish always guaranteed, French and German are available with a minimum of 6 participants).
- Tour of the most characteristic hamlets, abbeys and castles of the Chianti area
- Tour of San Gimignano
- Tour of a famous wine estate with sampling of wines, bruschettas, sliced cold meats and salami
- Possibility of buying wine at the estate visited at advantageous prices. (Deliveries almost all over the world)
- Stops for photos in scenic points
- On request shuttle service from your accommodation to the bus departure point at an additional cost. (No drop off)
Days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
Departure: 01:00 p.m from Piazza Gramsci in front of bar La Lizza
Duration of the tour: 5 hours
Minimum number of participants: 1
Price: 38 Euros per person
Children under 2 years of age travel free of charge, children between 3 and 8 years old, 50% discount.
From 1st November to 15th March, departure is brought forward by 1 hour.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.