San Gimignano Tour by MY TOUR
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
North west of Siena, on the hills of Val d'Elsa, stands the medieval town of San Gimignano. San Gimignano, defined as the town "with a hundred towers", owing to the presence of th
- Departure times: 8:30
- Duration: 5 Hours
- Takes Place In: Siena
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
North west of Siena, on the hills of Val d'Elsa, stands the medieval town of San Gimignano.
San Gimignano, defined as the town "with a hundred towers", owing to the presence of these impressive buildings symbolising power and wealth, till the thirteenth century counted seventy-two towers, fourteen of them are still standing today.
Due to the development of trade on the Via Francigena, crossed by thousands of pilgrims in the Middle Ages on their way to Rome, San Gimignano underwent an economic and cultural revival arising from the recovery of its agricultural and artisan origins.
The artistic and cultural treasures that San Gimignano possesses interweave with the secrets of the local wine and gastronomy in a pot-pourri of fragrances and tastes, that our expert tour leaders will give you the opportunity of testing, in a unique tour.
This incomparable experience will give you the possibility to appreciate the particular beauty of Santa Fina pottery and local handicrafts.
You will also have the opportunity to discover the history of the only Tuscan white wine recognized as D.O.C.G., the famous Vernaccia, that you will taste in one of the most renowned wineries of the San Gimignano area, with a big selection of other typical wines and products.
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
• Shuttle service from your accommodation and back.
• Private minivan with all comforts for a maximum of 8 people.
• Tour of San Gimignano.
• Expert bilingual escorts (English-Italian).
• Wine tasting at one renowned winery in San Gimignano area.
• Tasting of bruschette and typical Tuscan cold cuts and cheese.
• Possibility of buying local fancy goods at advantageous prices (deliveries almost all over the world).
Days: every day
Departure: 8:30 am from your accommodation
Duration of tour: 5 hours
Minimum number of participants: 1
Promotions: discount of 10 % per person when booking additional tours
Price: Euro 60.00 from Siena, Euro 70.00 from other areas of the province
Children under 2 years of age free of charge.
Children between 3 and 8 years old, 50% discount.
Discount of 10% per person when booking additional tours.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.