Medieval towns of the Veneto by Venice Events
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
A day trip from Venice to visit some of the most pretty medieval walled towns in the Veneto - Marostica, Asolo and Bassano del Grappa Enjoy grappa and prosecco tasting !
- Departure times: Varied
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Takes Place In: Venice
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- Suitable clothing for time of year and weather
Included in price:
First stop in the countryside and the hills is the walled town of Marostica with its castle. The town is famous for a 'living game of chess' that takes place once every two years on a giant chessboard in the main square.
Moving on we visit the peaceful town of Bassano del Grappa, synonymous with the production of the Grappa ' or firewater of the mountains'. Crossing the celebrated Palladian bridge we visit the famous distillery with its shop situated right on the bridge and we enjoy a taste of this firewater!
We then visit Asolo 'the pearl of the Veneto', a tiny town situated among the cypress clad foothills of the Dolomites. Many poets have fallen in love with Asolo - including Robert Browning. here you will have free time to walk around this enchanting town or opt for an optional lunch in one of the excellent local restaurants.
On returning we pass Villa Masier and end our day by visiting a well known vineyeard in the area of Valdobbiadene, Treviso for a refreshing glass of Prosecco
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- A 2.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 1 week(s) in advance.