The Venice Grand Canal Boat tour by Venice Events
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
See the Grand Canal in Venice in all its splendour by boat. Enjoy our small group tour by private motor-launch, hear stories of the palaces and famous people who lived in them!
- Departure time(s): Daily
- Duration: 1 Hour
- Takes Place In: Venice
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- Comfortable flat shoes
- Definitely a camera, for those excellent photographs from and on the boat!
- Please be at meeting point 10 minutes before departure, our Representative will be waiting holding a Venice Events sign
Included in price:
The Grand Canal of Venice is the most spectacular 'high street' in the world. The beautiful palaces were constructed over hundreds of years and slowly the Grand Canal became what it is today.
Our tour helps you imagine what the Grand Canal was like when there were still gardens, 'squeri' where the gondolas were built, warehouses and stone-masons.
Why are there so many palaces with differing styles of architecture? Why are there those moorish and eastern style windows? Our guide will entertain you with sotires of the main historical palaces, many having famous owners.
Our narrated tour helps you recognise the palaces, who lived where, why the poets and writers such as Shelly, Byron and Browning loved this city. This 70 min tour includes a cruise along the city's more secluded waterways to enjoy the picturesque small bridges and 'off the beaten track' sights, to introduce you to a quieter Venice.
Enjoying a glass of the famous Bellini cocktail while taking in these special sights. Our tour is suitable for all ages and gives your feet a well-earned rest! The tour is in private motor-launch and gives you a great overall view of the city, covering many of the sestieri (areas)
This social tour includes a glass of 'Prosecco' or the famous 'Bellini' cocktail!
Winter times departure 15.30
from 1st April Summer departs 16.45
2nd bridge from St Marks on Riva degli Schiavoni. LOOK FOR ORANGE UMBRELLA. Please be there 10 mins before departure
ADVANCE BOOKING RECOMMENDED
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- A 2.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Departure times may vary. Customers will be informed of any changes.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 1 week(s) in advance.