Whitewater Rafting by Go4fun Safaris. ltd
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
WHITEWATER EXPRESS-TANA RIVER SAGANA Road packages (Departs daily )@7 AM (MIN 3 PAX Required) Non resident day trip if you are i pax email us for join in dates
- Departure times: Varied
- Takes Place In: Nairobi
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
Included in price:
Departs from the our office It is an hour and a half drive to our campsite near Sagana.The clients are offered tea or coffee with biscuits when they arrive. After the refreshments the clients are given a safety briefing then they are transported up the river to the put in point.They are provided with life jackets, helmets and a paddle.
The trip will take from four to five hours depending on the water levels. Note we may put in at a different points depending again on water levels. Below is a brief description on the full rafting trip. The Tana River is a drop pool river offering and exciting day of white water rafting. The adventure starts with a 3 km of easy class II and III white water, where plenty of opportunity to gain the practise of paddle skills required to run the lower part of the river. A 6 km section follows with an hour or so of relaxation to view the abundance of bird life around. Cool off with a swim in the warm water. The final 7 km of river, back to the campsite starts with some easy class III waters where paddle commands are gone over again. It is now the 3 big rapids (class IV and V) with names like Captains Folly, Can of Worms because of its four 90 degree bends in succession, and Sphincter Flexor. Subject to water levels we may be able to surf in fish eye and then swim the next couple of minor rapids. Numerous smaller rapids brings one on to the last big one Spasm, a series of drops over km section with a big surprise half way through. We reach the take out point/campsite about 4 to 5 hours after setting off, where a full barbeque lunch awaits us. Plenty of beer and soft drink Included.
You depart after lunch for Nairobi arriving back where we picked you up from before dark usually by 1800hrs.
What to Bring-
Clothes you do not mind getting wet i.e. T Shirts, shorts or long sleeved shirt and trousers (especially for those who burn easily) and shoes that will not come off.
All trips depart from outside the Sarit centre at 0730 hrs. Prices inclusive of transport, accommodation and food. Soft drinks and beers are included in the price. Group sizes on the rivers are from a min. of 3 to maximum of 60
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.