Famous Coffeeshops Tour by Sandemans New Europe GMBH
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Cannabis, marijuana, dope, weed, bud - whatever you call it, it's one fascinating plant. Cultivated for thousands of years for hemp fibre; used to treat hundreds of ailments; treasured for spiritual and religious use all over the world it also also the world's fourth most popular mood-altering substance after caffeine, tobacco and alcohol. Why do some say it can save the planet and others claim it ruins lives? Conflicting reports and opinions make for a hazy image - is there a way to cut through the smokescreen?
Join us for an in-depth investigation of the cannabis culture of Amsterdam: the history, (il)legality and future of the city's most talked about subject. This is an honest, fun and impartial look at the Netherlands' drugs policies and their consequences that explores all the arguments for and against cannabis from the point of view of the law, the consumers and business. What lessons have we learned after nearly four decades of this policy and how has Amsterdam changed? Can the coffeeshops survive hostile legislation and pressure from neighboring countries? We'd like to discuss these issues and more as we roll through the Red Light District and Chinatown.
ON THE 2 HOUR TOUR WE COVER
The History of Cannabis
The Industrial Uses of Hemp
Nixon's War on Drugs
Rastafarianism and 'Ganja'
The Red Light District
The Tower of Tears
Amsterdam's First Coffeeshop
Dutch Drug Laws
The Chemistry of Getting High
Amsterdam's Organized Crime
Coalition Project 1012
The 'Gateway Drug' Theory
Cannabis and Mental Health
Is Cannabis Addictive?
…and much more!
Tour starts at 3:00pm at National Monument at Dam Square.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.