Giants Causeway Fully Guided Day Tour by Allens Tours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Travel along the Old Antrim Coast Road and visit Carrickfergus Castle, Carrick-a-Reede Rope Bridge, Bushmills Distillery, Dunluce Castle and The Giants Causeway. Hoscar winning tour
- Departure times: 9:30
- Duration: 9 Hours
- Starts & ends in: Belfast
Required for Extras:
- $7.50 USD
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
Included in price:
Spend a memorable day with Allen's Tours visiting what is undoubtedly Northern Ireland's most infamous attraction - the unforgettable and unmistakable Giant's Causeway.
Travel with us aboard one of our coaches on a journey you will remember for a life time taking in the spectacular natural beauty that is the Antrim Coastal Road.
Shortly after embarking our first photo stop of the day will be at Carrickfergus Castle. This 12th century norman castle is one of the best preserved medieval castles in Ireland. Besieged by the Scots, Irish and the French the castle is steeped in history and is where King William III first set foot in Ireland in 1690.
Afterwards en route you will be able to marvel at the breath taking views of the Glens of Antrim whilst also having time to sample the scenic delights and idyllic charm of the quaint little towns and villages we will be passing through including:
* Glenarm, famous for its abundant salmon fishing and haunted castle
* Carnlough with its picturesque harbour and distinctive rural character
* Cushendall and its 19th century red curfew house
* Cushendun's pretty Cornish cottages and beautiful beach
* Ballycastle the home to the one and only 400 year old 'Oul Lammas Fair'
* Carrick-a-Reede with its death defying rope bridge (cross at your own risk, Northern Ireland weather permitting,now open all year round) and stunning views of Rathlin Island
* Bushmills Distillery where you will be able to indulge in a wee tipple of the good stuff in their famous tasting room.
* We will then visit the main attraction of the day and the mythical wonder that is the Giants Causeway which is a world heritage site and one of life's must see geological phenomenon. Follow in the footsteps of the giants of Irish folklore - Finn MacCool and Benandonner and stand on these unexplainable hexagonal shaped stones (which are estimated to be a staggering 62 - 65 million years old) whilst also enjoying the awe inspiring and majestic views all around you in this magnificent outdoor museum!
* Our final stop of the day on the drive back to Belfast will be to take a quick photo stop at impressive ruins of the historical Dunluce Castle, a site which is believed to have been inhabited since the 13th century.
To miss this fully guided informative tour and all around fun day out with our friendly, knowledgeable and experienced drivers and guides would really be a lost opportunity, so reserve your seat today!
The tour starts at approx 10am from our tour office at 25a Donegal Rd (conveniently located opposite the Belfast International Youth Hostel) and is it is highly recommended for passengers to arrive at least 30 mins prior to tour departure to avoid disappointment.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- An approximate amount of USD7.50 is required to cover tour extras.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.