Embera Indians by Panama Pete Adventures
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Adventure tour to the jungles of Chagres, where we will encounter the Ember?Indians. Our Adventure begins with a one hour dugout canoe transfer up the Chagres River. .........
- Departure time(s): Daily
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Takes Place In: Panama
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- Dress in light weight sportswear with sport shoes or sandals like Keens. Expect to get wet. Bring your own towel, small backpack, change of cloths, sun block and sunglasses.
Included in price:
The Emberá are a unique and beautiful people. They live much as they did when Columbus arrived in the 1500's. You will soon forget the outside world as you are immersed in their cultural dance and music. Visitors are invited to explore the area's abundant variety of birds and wildlife during a jungle trek that includes a visit to local waterfalls. During our visit, we will see that the Emberá possess amazing botanical knowledge - most will be surprised to learn of their contributions to modern pharmaceuticals. We are welcome to paint our bodies as the Emberá do, with a natural fruit dye called Jagua. We will also have the opportunity to view famed Emberá handicrafts.
A peaceful ride in a dugout canoe, a trek through the jungle, the opportunity to learn from a magical culture - all this in one day and within one hour of Panama City.
08:00 Transfer to the Chagres National Park
09:00 Arrive at Lake Alajuela and transfer in dugout canoe to the Emberá community
10:00 Arrive at the Emberá Community. A Welcome Briefing is offered by the Emberá Indians and translated by our bilingual guide.
11:00 Optional Botanical Hike. Highly recommended !
12:00 Traditional Emberá meal of fresh fish and plantains.
12:30 Cultural Presentation with Music and Dancing.
13:30 Exhibit of local handicrafts sale
14:30 Depart for Panama City
16:00 Arrive at hotel in Panama City
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 4 week(s) in advance.