Jungle Challenge by Panama Pete Adventures
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
One of our most popular offerings, The Jungle Challenge will keep your adrenaline level at maximum. Our journey takes place one hour from Panama City, in the pristine rainforest of
- Departure time(s): Daily
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Takes Place In: Panama
What to bring:
- Insect Repellant
- Comfortable Footwear
- Change of Clothes
- Dress in light weight sportswear with sport shoes or sandals like Keens. Expect to get wet. Bring your own towel, small backpack, change of cloths, sun block and sunglasses. Hydration packs with your favorite energy snacks come in handy for this adventure.
Included in price:
Our most popular canyoning adventure, The Jungle Challenge will keep your adrenaline level at maximum. Our journey takes place one hour from Panama City, in the pristine rainforest of Chagres National Park. After a 15 minute dugout canoe transfer, we reach the trailhead. Here we embark on a challenging trek through dense jungle growth, along a narrow trail with many steep inclines and descents.
Along the way, our trekking guide will point out the flora and fauna that inhabit this rich environment. If all goes well, we should reach the headwater of Iguana Creek within one hour. One by one, we face the first of the falls of Iguana Creek. After rappelling the slippery, 20 meter rock face, we disengage and swim through the cool falls pool to await our fellow explorers. After this first challenge, we continue on downriver to a 37 meter rappel and scramble along the winding riverbed. You'll continue to trek through unpredictable jungle terrain until we reach the final fall.
After a 3 meter roped descent, we finally return to the Chagres River, where our canoe awaits. You'll enjoy the canoe transfer to a nearby Emberá Indian Village where we can change clothes, warm up, have a hot meal and relax before heading back to our departure point.
08:00 Transfer to Chagres National Park
09:00 Arrive at Chagres National Park. Dugout canoe transfer to trailhead.
10:00 We begin our jungle trek, which lasts approximately 45 minutes.
10:45 Arrive at the head water of Iguana creek and hike towards the first fall following the narrow Jungle Canyon.
13:30 Return to launch site. Lunch will be provided in the Embera Indian Village. Arts & Crafts are available for purchase. Change clothes and relax.
14:30 Depart for Panama City
NOTE: All participants should be in good physical condition in order to trek 3- 4 hours in the jungle and through water. All participants will get wet.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 4 week(s) in advance.