Panama Canal Adventure by Panama Pete Adventures
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Panama is well known for the Canal. Since we are the authority in Adventure, we thought it was time to do the Canal in away that would appeal to our adventurous types.
- Departure time(s): Weekly
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Takes Place In: Panama
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- Dress in light weight sportswear with sport shoes or sandals like Keens. Expect to get wet. Bring your own towel, small backpack, change of cloths, sun block and sunglasses.
Included in price:
After breakfast, you will travel to Amador causeway on the pacific entrance to the Panama Canal. From here you head to Balboa to the Administration building of the Panama Canal. Travel along the railroad passing by former military bases Albrook Airfield and Fort Clayton before arriving the first set of locks. With any luck, you will see vessels as they transit through Miraflores Locks. There is an excellent viewing Center recently opened that will help you understand this engineering marvel.
After about 2 hours, which will go by faster than you think, you then head north passing Pedro Miguel Locks, the smallest of all three locks to Gamboa. Gamboa, which is in the center of the 55,000-acre Soberania Park, on the banks of the Rio Chagres. Unlike most visitors who only peer at the canal from the locks, today you will take a fast boat through the Panama Canal and through Gatun Lake. We navigate our way up the waterway passing jungle islands and vessels making thier way to Gatun Locks. After 3 hours of being in the canal you willbe taken back to Gamboa and enjoy a lunch on the bank of the chagres river with a view of ships passing by.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 4 week(s) in advance.