Hike the Colca Canyon in Arequipa by Peru incredible Experiences - PIE PERU SRL
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
A great trek into the canyon which includes the opportunity to visit all the small villages down at the canyon. You will fish trouts and take a dip at the natural hot springs.
- Departs from: Departure at 5:00 am and return on third day at 17:00
- Departure times: Varied
- Duration: 3 Days
- Takes Place In: Arequipa
What to bring:
- Light Refreshments
- Insect Repellant
- Comfortable Footwear
- Change of Clothes
- Warm Clothing
- Rain season from December to March
Included in price:
06:00 h in the morning, you will be picked up from your hotel by a representative of our agency and then you will transferred to the bus station to take the bus to Cabanaconde. Along this journey you will drive over a pass that is over 4,800 m /15,748 Ft. We will arrive in Cabanaconde at around 13:00 h. Upon arrival, we will have time to have lunch at the little village of Cabanaconde. Afterwards we will start to descend to the Canyon, following a winding path that leads down to the bottom of the Canyon till we reach the village of LLAHUAR around 17:00 h. At this village we will have some free time to explore some parts of the Colca Canyon and afterwards we will have dinner under a starry night. Overnight at the village of Llahuar.Hot springs available and fishing opportunity.
After breakfast we will continue our trek throughout the Canyon till the village of PACLLA and the Natural Lookout point of Apachetas (piles of stones place on one another, in a vertical way, used by Andean people as signals or to mark the road). We will walk for about 4 hours till we arrive at the gorgeous and peaceful town of SANGALLE, where we will have lunch and in the afternoon visitors may go to swim in a nice pool called The Oasis or go to walk to the Colca river. By night we will dinner and will make a fire. Overnight at village of Sangalle.
Rise early for breakfast before starting the ascent to Cabanaconde. You will have enough time to go for a short walk and explore the village. We take the bus to Cruz del Condor (Condor Crossing) to see majestic condors flying through the canyon so be sure to bring your camera.Lunch will be in Chivay where you can soak in the hot springs of "La Calera" (36 Degrees Celcius) .
Arrival at Arequipa will be in the late afternoon/ evening
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- A 5.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 1 week(s) in advance.