Hiking & Biking the Colca Canyon- PIE PERU by Peru incredible Experiences - PIE PERU SRL
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
This is a very active bike trip starting at 4,800 meters above sea level and descending to 3,600 meters. Also you enjoy a great trek into the colca canyon. Absolutely a great trip!
- Departs from: Departing at 5:00 am and returning on third day at 19:00
- Departure times: Varied
- Duration: 3 Days
- Takes Place In: Arequipa
What to bring:
- Warm Clothing
- Change of Clothes
- Comfortable Footwear
- Insect Repellant
Included in price:
An early departure from Arequipa for Patapampa ( 4,800 meters). En route you will see many volcanoes, surrounding you with their menacing presence. Take your pick from Ampato, Sabancaya or Huallca Huallca and try to imagine what it would be like to be in the wake of their anger! Trying to focus will not be easy however, as the panoramic breadth of vision appears to provide multiple horizons. From this point we will descend down to Chivay, which will take approximately two hours. Hopefully your passage will not be blocked by the many flocks of Alpaca, Llamas and Vicuñas you will encounter en route.
After arriving at Chivay, we will rest for two hours before resuming mountain biking action. After lunch we will continue to Coporaque, stopping at Ocolle on the way, where you will be able to admire the profundity of the Colca Canyon.
Crossing a bridge we can see the hanging tombs and the stunning walls of the canyon before stopping in the town of Ichupampa to enjoy lunch. After this we will tackle the five kilometer descent to Yanque. In Yanque you can bathe in the hot springs and stay overnight in a homestay with a local family who will provide you with a fantastic traditional dinner.
In the morning you will take the bus to the charming town of Cabanaconde, taking in the main square and stopping for a spot of people watching!
After around three hours, we will arrive at the green and peaceful " Sangalle Valley " a place that has been compared- not inaccurately- to an earthly paradise, surrounded by trees and situated close to the majestic Colca river, it is a beautiful place to relax. A beautiful pool is also waiting for you to soak your aching limbs in.
After lunch we will visit to the river and admire the beautiful canyon before dinner, which will be served around a campfire beneath the stars.
The sleep inducing exertions of the day should recede during your overnight stay in our handpicked rustic bungalows, which have been ingeniously built using natural materials found in the area.
This is a very early wake up before beginning your walk up to the town of Cabanaconde.
We will arrive in Cabanaconde before taking the bus to Cruz del Condor to see the majestic condors flying overhead.
At lunchtime, we will arrive at Chivay, the most important town along the Colca Valley and around 60 km down the valley from Cruz del Condor.
In the afternoon we leave Chivay for Arequipa, hopefully arriving at around 7pm.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- A 5.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 1 week(s) in advance.