Cusco & Inca Trail to Machu Picchu by Axel Tours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Discovery Machupicchu hikking 04 days / 03 Nights, sleeping in Campping Tents Inca Trail Park Regulations The Inca Trail is part of the Machu Picchu Sanctuary, a protected area
- Departure time(s): Daily
- Duration: 8 Days
- Starts & ends in: Cusco
- Single room supplement: 110.00 USD
- (for the hostal accommodation and the Inca Trail)
What to bring:
- Sleeping Bag
- Insect Repellant
- Comfortable Footwear
- Change of Clothes
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
- YOU SHOULD BRING
- - Personal sleeping bag and mattress
- - Back pack, trekking shoes
- - Water bottle, flash light, hat
- - lozenges of Micropur in order to purify the water
- - Personal clothing for trek
- - Insect repellent
- - Meals are includes on the treek to Machupicchu
- For the tours to the inka trail must be booked with 06 days in advance, so please make your reservation on time mailing as: your passport number, nationality, Age, Inca Trail Park Regulations
- The Inca Trail is part of the Machu Picchu Sanctuary, a protected area managed by the National Institute of Natural Resources, INRENA.
- Every visitor must obey park regulations prohibiting littering, cutting or damaging trees, removing or damaging stones of ruins and the Trail, removing plants, killing animals, lighting open fires or camping in the archeological sites (Only authorized campsites can be used).
- The following procedures must be followed:
- 1. Payment of entrance fees:
- a. The only valid document granting the right to use the Inca Trails Network - the Machupicchu Historical Sanctuary Network RED or SHM - is the ticket issued by the Machu Picchu Historical Sanctuary Management Unit (UGM). This ticket is personal and non transferable, and includes the right to enter Machu Picchu.
- b. Payment for the right to use the RED can only be done in the city of Cusco, and has a cost of US$50.
- c. Under no circumstances, payment for the use of the RED will be accepted at its registry and entry control points.
- d. Payment for the right to use the RED must be made a minimum of five (5) days before beginning the trip.
- e. The reimbursement of payment for the right to use the RED is not possible under any circumstances.
- f. In case of having done the corresponding payment for the right to use the RED and having fixed the dates of the visit, these dates can be postponed with four (4) days notice, providing an additional payment of 20%, and subject to place availability for the dates and routes required.
- 2. Reservations
- a. Reservations will be made in the offices of the Departmental Headquarters of the National Institute of Culture in the city of Cusco, receiving confirmation with corresponding reservation code.
- Note: Reservations will be subject to the daily capacity emitted by the UGM (500 people, including guides, porters, helpers and around 150 tourists), therefore we recommend you to reserve your place with as much notice as possible.
- b. The Tour Operator can ask for reservations up to sixty (60) days before the trip begins, making a payment for the equivalent of fifty percent (50%) of the entrance ticket.
- c. To maintain the reservation, the Tour Operator must cancel the balance due and provide full names, passport numbers, ages, nationalities and passport photocopies of all those going on the trip, to the relevant authorities. The traveler must send this information and documentation to us from his or her home country.
- d. Failure to confirm reservations will result in their cancellation, and no reimbursement of fees will be made in this case.
- e. Only people under 28 years old with valid International Student Identification will be considered as a student, entitling them to a 50% discount on the RED entrance fee.
Included in price:
1 Day.- Upon arrival in Cuzco, transfer to the selected htl.
2 Day.- City tours around Cuzco + Visit the 04 ruins around the area such as. Sacsayhuaman, Quenqo,Pucapucara & Tambomachay, daily tours form 14.00p.m. to 18.00 p.m.
3 Day.- Tours to the Sacred Valley of the inkas: Pisac Market, Ollantaytambo Ruins & Chincheros Market Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday from 09.00 a.m. to 17.00 p.m. Lunch Include
4 Day.- We start our trek escorted by native "quechua" porters going through semi-arid terrain along the Urubamba river with magnificent views of snow capped mount Veronica , later going through Llactapata, an ancient Inca citadel that protected the entry to two valleys ( L + D )
5 Day.- Today the first part of the trek takes us to the Inca Hamlet of Wuallabamba, later going through Warmiwañuska pass (4200 mt), known as "dead woman's pass". ( B + L + D )
6 Day.- Walking on a remarkably preserved Inca Trail passing ancient archaeological sites covered by dense jungle overgrowth , later visiting the Phuyupatamarca (city above clouds) with spectacular view of snow covered Andean ranges, camping at Wyñaywayna , probably the most spectacular archaeological complex during the trek. ( B + L + D )
7 Day.- Passing through the Intipuncu (gates of the sun) , we arrive to Machupicchu the lost city of the Incas, complete guided tour, then late in the afternoon train back to Cusco ( B ) Transfer to the htl
8 Day.- Transfer to the Airport or Train Station continue on your own tours
· All transfers Apto / Htl / Apto
· Daily tours per intinerary
· English guide spoken
· Entrance to the Arqueological areas
· 04 Nights htls accommodations
· Continental Breakfast daily
· Taxes & Services charges
· Personal Assistance
MEALS on the treek
Breakfast varies from day to day and can include:
- tea, coffee or hot chocolate
- pancakes or bread (with butter / jam )
- eggs ( fried, omelet ) or Fruit
Lunches ( the last day lunch is not included )
- seconds (spaghetti or rice with veggies and meat )
- tea or coffee
3 Dinners ( the last day dinner is not included )
Dinner consists of:
- seconds ( fish or chicken accompanied by potatoes en vegetables )
- tea or coffee
Vegetarian food available on request.
Do not includes extra porters , meaning that you need to carry your personal items
TOURS NOT INCLUDED
· Airfare Lima / Cuzco / Lima 260.00$US
· Local Airport tax 7.00$US International 28.00$US
· Meals, Lunch & Bevarage in the city
Add for Single Suplementary 110.00$USA
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Departure times may vary. Customers will be informed of any changes.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 2 week(s) in advance.