Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 04 Days / 03 Nights by Axel Tours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
One of the most interesting, short and accessible treks in the region is the one leading to the enigmatic Incan City of Machu Picchu.
- Departure time(s): Daily
- Duration: 4 Days
- Starts & ends in: Cusco
- Single room supplement: 50.00 USD
- (mail us for aditional hotels accommodation or book it on line by hostelworld.com)
What to bring:
- Sleeping Bag
- Light Refreshments
- Insect Repellant
- Comfortable Footwear
- Change of Clothes
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
- must to fax the fotocopy of your passport in advance and details us in our main office the details of your arrival in Lima to give You the treek Voucher
- The tap water in most of Peru is potable, but the chemical content varies from place to place. To avoid problems, we recommend that you always drink bottled water.
- Because you are visiting Andean areas, don't forget to take precautions to avoid altitude sickness if you are prone to it. Be sure to try a hot tea or an infusion of coca leaves on arrival at altitude. During your first day move slowly and eat lightly, resting the first couple of hours.
- Cusco City: 3,360 m.a.s.l.
- Machu Picchu: 2,400 m.a.s.l.
- Urubamba Valley: 2,850 m.a.s.l.
- Inca Trail highest point: 4,200 m.a.s.l.
- Inca Trail Park Regulations
- The Inca Trail is part of the Machu Picchu Sanctuary, a protected area managed by the National Institute of Natural Resources, INRENA. Every visitor must obey park regulations prohibiting littering, cutting or damaging trees, removing or damaging stones of ruins and the Trail, removing plants, killing animals, lighting open fires or camping in the archeological sites (Only authorized campsites can be used).
- The following procedures must be followed:
- 1. Payment of entrance fees:
- a. The only valid document granting the right to use the Inca Trails Network - the Machupicchu Historical Sanctuary Network RED or SHM - is the ticket issued by the Machu Picchu Historical Sanctuary Management Unit (UGM). This ticket is personal and non transferable, and includes the right to enter Machu Picchu.
- b. Payment for the right to use the RED can only be done in the city of Cusco, and has a cost of US$50.
- c. Under no circumstances, payment for the use of the RED will be accepted at its registry and entry control points.
- d. Payment for the right to use the RED must be made a minimum of five (5) days before beginning the trip.
- e. The reimbursement of payment for the right to use the RED is not possible under any circumstances.
- f. In case of having done the corresponding payment for the right to use the RED and having fixed the dates of the visit, these dates can be postponed with four (4) days notice, providing an additional payment of 20%, and subject to place availability for the dates and routes required.
- 2. Reservations
- a. Reservations will be made in the offices of the Departmental Headquarters of the National Institute of Culture in the city of Cusco, receiving confirmation with corresponding reservation code.
- Note: Reservations will be subject to the daily capacity emitted by the UGM (500 people, including guides, porters, helpers and around 150 tourists), therefore we recommend you to reserve your place with as much notice as possible.
- b. The Tour Operator can ask for reservations up to sixty (60) days before the trip begins, making a payment for the equivalent of fifty percent (50%) of the entrance ticket.
- c. To maintain the reservation, the Tour Operator must cancel the balance due and provide full names, passport numbers, ages, nationalities and passport photocopies of all those going on the trip, to the relevant authorities. The traveler must send this information and documentation to us from his or her home country.
- d. Failure to confirm reservations will result in their cancellation, and no reimbursement of fees will be made in this case.
- e. Only people under 28 years old with valid International Student Identification will be considered as a student, entitling them to a 50% discount on the RED entrance fee.
Included in price:
Day 1.- We start our trek escorted by native "quechua" porters going through semi-arid terrain along the Urubamba river with magnificent views of snow capped mount Veronica , later going through Llactapata, an ancient Inca citadel that protected the entry to two valleys ( L + D )
Day 2 .- Today the first part of the trek takes us to the Inca Hamlet of Wuallabamba, later going through Warmiwañuska pass (4200 mt ), known as "dead woman's pass". ( B + L + D )
Day 3.- Walking on a remarkably preserved Inca Trail passing ancient archaeological sites covered by dense jungle overgrowth , later visiting the Phuyupatamarca ( city above clouds ) with spectacular view of snow covered Andean ranges, camping at Wyñaywayna , probably the most spectacular archaeological complex during the trek. ( B + L + D )
Day 4.- Passing through the Intipuncu ( gates of the sun ) , we arrive to Machupicchu the lost city of the Incas, complete guided tour, then late in the afternoon train back to Cusco ( B ) Optional Overnight in Aguas Calientes asking us for accommodations
YOU SHOULD BRING
-Personal sleeping bag and mattress
-Back pack, trekking shoes
-Water bottle, flash light, hat
-lozenges of Micropur in order to purify the water
-Personal clothing for trek
Breakfast varies from day to day and can include:
- tea, coffee or hot chocolate
- pancakes or bread (with butter/jam)
- eggs (fried, omelet) or Fruit
Lunches (the last day lunch is not included)
- seconds (spaghetti or rice with veggies and meat)
- tea or coffee
3 Dinners (the last day dinner is not included)
Dinner consists of:
- seconds (fish or chicken accompanied by potatoes en vegetables)
- tea or coffee
Vegetarian food available on request.
Do not includes extra porters, meaning that you need to carry your personal items, Optional overnight in Aguas Calientes if its required
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- A 10.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Departure times may vary. Customers will be informed of any changes.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 4 week(s) in advance.