Abra Malaga Bike Tour by KB Tambo Tours & Hotel
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
This is our most popular trip by far, and with good reason ! Start at the Continental Divide of South America at the foot of a glacier, and bike 50km ALL downhill to Ollantaytambo
- Departs from: We leave everyday at 9am, other departure times available upon request
- Departure times: 09:00
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Takes Place In: Ollantaytambo
What to bring:
- Light Refreshments
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
- Temperature is cold up top, though it warms up quickly as we descend. Bringing warm clothing is essential, and you can put them in our support van as we descend.
Included in price:
This is a half day trip that leaves from Ollantaytambo, the gateway town to Machu Picchu. We leave at 9am in our company van and make the one hour drive to the 14,300 foot high pass of Abra Malaga.
This is the continental divide of Peru, down the other side lies the Amazon Jungle and our BackDoor trip to Machu Picchu. This trip, however, returns back down to Ollantaytambo via a brand new, smooth paved road with little traffic. 50 kilometers of all downhill biking.
We will pass glaciers, multiple waterfalls, herds of llamas, and small Andean villages where people are truly still living as they did long ago - without electricity or modern conveniences.
The trip is suitable for anyone who can ride a bike - many experienced bikers worry they will be bored riding down a tar road but the truth is that we have taken some of the world's best downhill mountain bikers and they loved it as well !
For those with significant off road experience, it is possible to take a singletrack down the mountain while others in the group take the road - ask us for details.
We may not be the greatest bike tour company in the world, but this is definitely one of the great bike rides in the world, and people tell us everyday that it was the highlight of their trip !
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- A 9.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.