MACAW CLAY LICK 3Days/2Nights by Tarantula Expedition
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Travel approximately 4 to 5 hours depending on the station upstream journey of great adventure confluent observed different rivers in the trip we will see animals sunning as turtle
- Departs from: depart: depending fly or bus arrive return: depending fly or bus departure
- Departure times: 12:00
- Duration: 3 Days
- Takes Place In: Puerto Maldonado
What to bring:
- Sleeping Bag
- Light Refreshments
- Insect Repellant
- Comfortable Footwear
- Change of Clothes
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Clothing
Included in price:
Pick up from the airport or bus station, and transfer to the port where we will receive a tropical fruit beverage and begin our motor trip in the Madre de Dios River, during the boat trip will see different confluences of the rivers on this area, as: Piedras River, Pariamanu River, etc. On the way we will see different kind of birds as: herons, egrets, cormorants, wild duck, vultures, kingfishers, eagles, caracaras, caimans and turtles sunning on the beaches, capybaras (the largest rodent in the world). Then we will have our box lunch on board, and then we will arrive to our camping place where we will accommodate. The camping place is located in the primary forest which we guaranty you the best experience in your life. After accommodate we will have a hike where will visit the mammal clay lick, where we can have a change to see mammals; eating the clay. On the way we can see the fauna and flora, medicinal plants. Then we will back to the camping for dinner... we overnight in our comfortable camping.
Early in the morning after breakfast we will visit the Pariamanu macaw clay lick on the river wall, where we will see macaws and parrots gather in a multicoloured spectacle eating the clay (the clay is a kind or medicine for the animals helps the digestion for the high contain in minerals as: calcium, sodium potassium and other sold) this is an experience you will never forget. After that we will back to the camping place for lunch. Optional swimming in the Pariamanu River without danger. And then we will travel back to our next camping place.
Very early in the morning we will take our motorized boat and we'll go to the clay this place is for the small parrots and parakeets, after this we'll take our breakfast and we'll go to Puerto Maldonado and transfer to the airport ò bus station
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Departure times may vary. Customers will be informed of any changes.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.
- This tour requires a minimum number of people for the tour to take place. Should this minimum not be met, customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.