SANDOVAL LAKE LUJO 3Days/2Nights by Tarantula Expedition
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Why Book With Us?
- Secure your Seat! Confirmed Online Reservations.
- Read Reviews of our Tours & Activities by customers who have experienced them.
- SMS confirmation of your Tour Booking.
Visit the Tambopata National Reserve, where you can see: beautiful flowering plants, parrots in the trees, hundreds of butterflies, and many species of monkeys: In the lake you can
- Departs from: depart: depending fly or bus arrive return: depending fly or bus departure
- Departure times: Varied
- Duration: 3 Days
- Takes Place In: Puerto Maldonado
- 3 Star Hotel
- Single room supplement: 80.00 USD
What to bring:
- Insect Repellant
- Comfortable Footwear
- Change of Clothes
- Waterproof Clothing
Included in price:
Pick up from the airport or bus station, transfer to the river port (capitania port) one hour on boat river down, by motorized boat take us to the Sandoval oxbow lake port, from there we will enter to national reserve (TAMBOPATA CANDAMO) by walk. After checking, we start to walk about one hour and then we will arrive to the Sandoval Lake lodge where will accommodate in our rooms, near the lake. The lodge has private bathroom and shower and it is located into the reserve zone what difference with the other lodges is. Where we guaranty you will see more flora and fauna and be in touch with the nature. After accommodate, we will visit the Sandoval Lake where we take a long easy canoe around the lake; where is possible to see the river giant otter, black caimans (family of crocodiles) birds, as: hoatzins, herons, cormorants, kingfishers, etc. Return to the lodge for dinner and after dinner we will visit again the amazing lake (padding) with our torches to see the black caimans. They hunt at night, where we will show and explain you. We overnight in our comfortable lodge.
We will get up very early to go to see macaw palm lick, this is a special place around the National Reserve where different types of macaws and parrots go to eat in the dead palms, the palms are rich in minerals as: calcium, sodium, potassium, etc. which is very important for the digestion. Then we will back to the lodge for the breakfast. After breakfast we will go for walking to see the amazing flora, and in the way we can see some mammals like: monkeys, deer, peccaries, tapirs, sloth, anteaters, etc. Then we back to the lodge for lunch. After lunch we can swim in the lake without danger. After that we are going to visit the Sandoval Lake on canoe where we will see the diversity of flora and fauna around the lake. Then we go back to the lodge for dinner. After dinner we can take a hike to see nocturnal animals as: night birds, insect, spiders, tarantulas, scorpions, frogs, etc. We overnight in our comfortable lodge.
Early in the morning after breakfast we will go back in the same way to Puerto Maldonado city and from there to the airport.
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Departure times may vary. Customers will be informed of any changes.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. In this event customers will be instantly informed and the deposit paid will be refunded.